axel bearing help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhero

New member
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
below are descriptions of the new axel and axel bearings I just received. I cannot get the bearings to slide onto the shaft, I can get them about 1/8" on to threads @ the end of the shaft. I don't want to damage the threads or new bearings. So I ask the experts..... what's the trick?


Axle Bearing - 25mm Bore(600642)



Axle Shaft - 1" x 39-3/8" (01132)

•1" axle x 39 3/8" long
•Has staggered 1/4" keyway:
3-1/4" from each end and 3 different spots through the middle of the axle
•9 different snap ring locations
•1" of thread on each end
 

fowler

New member
Messages
5,463
Reaction score
18
Location
Bullsbrook West Aus
1" = 25.4 mm

A 25mm bearing won't go on a 1inch shaft

Sorry but u are up for new bearings

Where did u get the bearings from?

If u get real keen u can pick seals out and clean the bearings

Heat them to 130-140 *C, then try to find a pot big enough to drop the axle into nitrogen
Then press the bearings on
But 0.4mn is some serious crush
 

scarletvw

New member
Messages
94
Reaction score
2
Location
Minnesota
1" = 25.4 mm

A 25mm bearing won't go on a 1inch shaft

Sorry but u are up for new bearings

Where did u get the bearings from?

If u get real keen u can pick seals out and clean the bearings

Heat them to 130-140 *C, then try to find a pot big enough to drop the axle into nitrogen
Then press the bearings on
But 0.4mn is some serious crush

Getting the bearings on would be one thing, but what about ever needing to get them off :ack2:

Don't bother with using the wrong part, pick up the correct bearing and do the job correct once :thumbsup:
 

mhero

New member
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
dam those pesky decimal points. I've got some 1" sanding wheels, I'm going to try to modify one (the bearings were only $1) but will be ordering 3 more if that fails.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top