new kart, new questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhero

New member
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
I recently purchased a new kart - it's shall we say a project... unknown make/ model, has a KT100 built by Stencil Racing which is going to need an overhaulin', brakes frozen, crappy homemade master cylinder mount, after searching the forum here I found how they are supposed to mount, and will be purchasing complete new brake system. first thing I did when I got it home was a complete disassembly, then grit blasted the frame to see what I got into. On the right side just in front of the rear axel bearing hanger I found a stamped # S283 which hopefuly will help ID the kart. The steering column has some rust holes, so I plan on replacing that as well as the rear bumper, which leads to another question, if you look at the photo of the bumper mount there is some epoxy, which I will clean off, but what holds that stud in place - I'm sure the frame isn't threaded, so...??? without destroying the tubing I want to remove the stud, fix any metal issues and replace, but not sure whats going on there. I've got my work cut out form me, but can't wait
 

Attachments

  • shifter018.jpg
    shifter018.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 9
  • shifter022.jpg
    shifter022.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 9
  • shifter016.jpg
    shifter016.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 9
  • shifter013.jpg
    shifter013.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 5
  • shifter020.jpg
    shifter020.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 13
  • shifter012.jpg
    shifter012.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 10

OzFab

Well-known member
Messages
15,615
Reaction score
73
Location
Warwick Qld, Australia
If you're referring to the stud in pic 3, from what I can see, the epoxy holds it in place. If so, you could replace it by welding in a bolt, head first
 

HaM551

New member
Messages
228
Reaction score
0
Location
Perth, Western Australia
looks good, one thing i have noticed, which i might be wrong, are the spindles you will need, im not exactly sure what they are called???? but they are the ones which attach straight onto the bearings. ie the old ones. Please tell me if you find them, cause i am having trouble finding some for my kart. Is the engine in OK condition ? is it ceased ?
 

OzFab

Well-known member
Messages
15,615
Reaction score
73
Location
Warwick Qld, Australia
looks good, one thing i have noticed, which i might be wrong, are the spindles you will need, im not exactly sure what they are called???? but they are the ones which attach straight onto the bearings. ie the old ones. Please tell me if you find them, cause i am having trouble finding some for my kart.

You may be better off making them, having them made or import them from the US. You have to remember, go kart parts are much cheaper & easier to get in the US compared to here...
 

mhero

New member
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
I have all the steering linkage, and parts, I only need replace the bearings, and fix some rust issues w/ the steering uprights. Does anyone have an idea of the make and model of this frame? Also the kart came w/ a brand new wet clutch, but the old one is stuck on the shaft. if you look @ the pic of the motor, you can see the starting shaft coming out of the clutch, does that unscrew from the motor shaft, or should it pull out w/ a gear puller?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top