I recently purchased 2 go karts for my kids (or so the story goes) a Manco, and a yerf dog, both 2 seaters. The yerf dog belt shredded so I started removing the TC - after much swearing and frustration I got the movable sheeve of the drive pulley off the shaft of the motor, the stationary sheeve is stuck - I've tried heat, pullers, penetrating oils - no luck. I basically destroyed the driven pulley trying to remove it from the jack shaft (which after complete destruction I discovered was home made - see picture) When I was ordering parts I went ahead and got a new brake drum and band because they were not working at all - the key for the brake drum was the screw driver bit in the pic of the homemade shaft. I have tried to remove the rear axel to replace the drum but again am unable after trying all the tricks - heat, etc. Long story short this kart doen't want to be disassembled, my questions are...
1. Any thoughts on removing sheeve from motor shaft, I am afraid of putting too much heat to it and damaging seals
2. If I am unable to remove axel, or move gear on it to align the chain, what is the best spacers to use on the jack shaft to achieve the proper alignment - I was thinking washers
3. since the back plate of the driven unit isn't flat where is proper belt alignment - in line with outer edge, inner, or in the middle?
1. Any thoughts on removing sheeve from motor shaft, I am afraid of putting too much heat to it and damaging seals
2. If I am unable to remove axel, or move gear on it to align the chain, what is the best spacers to use on the jack shaft to achieve the proper alignment - I was thinking washers
3. since the back plate of the driven unit isn't flat where is proper belt alignment - in line with outer edge, inner, or in the middle?