What's in the box?......

Status
Not open for further replies.

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Messages
5,247
Reaction score
88
Location
Houston Texas
:lolgoku: the waiting is killing me.... The suspense..... :censored: been busy trying to find a new home for my growing family. Getting tons of OT right now at work. Moving stuff to storage. Oh, and trying to hash out the buying and shipping of my next project. It's been a pain in the a$$ , but it's on its way, scheduled for delivery on 3-24...... Wanna take a guess what it is? ( no fair Doug n Tihm) ........
 

Attachments

  • IMG-20140315-00396.jpg
    IMG-20140315-00396.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 19

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Messages
12,461
Reaction score
70
Location
White Settlement Texas
I was going to say....with my memory- I didn't have any advantage. ....but I think I vaguely remember now. ....at least I have a pretty good idea.

So I won't say anything. :popcorn:
 

Half-breeder

"Edit" button removed
Messages
1,686
Reaction score
9
I was going to say....with my memory- I didn't have any advantage. ....but I think I vaguely remember now. ....at least I have a pretty good idea.

So I won't say anything. :popcorn:

Yea...shhhh... cant let anyone know bout the love doll... Hehe... Maybe a 'sheep'?.... Maybe a pony(... some assembly required)... or did you get the 'other' one?! Lol... Ill never tell!

I will say(hypathetically)... 'if' my daughter was retarded, Id have to get her one...lmao
 

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Messages
5,247
Reaction score
88
Location
Houston Texas
Pic maybe a little miss leading.... That box is 4 foot wide. 8 foot long. And about 2 feet tall..... The innards will definitely be assembly required...... It will roll on fat and skinny tires. Its gonna smoke a set of tires on demand, using a 125cc + atv engine. And the ultimate goal is a small wheelie off the line, and running a quarter mile for time....maybe go with a 200cc + engine, so it will surprisingly out run cars at the 1/4 mile track in Baytown...... This will be my ultimate, no time or money spared, all out, best project I can put out. It will be costly, but, you guys will appreciate it and WANT ONE........
 

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Messages
5,247
Reaction score
88
Location
Houston Texas
:lolgoku:
O
O
O
Here is clue..... If these where around in Boyd Coddingtons childhood, you can bet your hiney his business would have started with one of these. It's one of his all time favorites.........and a lot of others as well. With that tid bit of info, and a little (very little) research, you should all be able to name (guess) what it is. It was talked about here, once you know Boyds favorite, you can find it here......:wai::lolgoku::auto::popcorn:
 

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Messages
12,461
Reaction score
70
Location
White Settlement Texas
Well .....I really didn't want to embarrass Jim...but seeing as the whole idea has been nixed by bureaucratic red tape and probably isn't gonna happen anyway. .....

The box is full of DIY gokart stickers.....he was planning on covering the Capitol building with them. .....turns out he's pretty serious about winning that contest.....:lolgoku:
 

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Messages
5,247
Reaction score
88
Location
Houston Texas
:thumbsup: winner winner..... Here is a pic my brother sent me before having to build the box (that I had already paid to have built by PO) . I bought the body AND mold to make more 32 fords..... :wai::wai::wai:
Needless to say, the first kart I build will be over the top. I have wanted a bodied kart since I was a kid. Then, as I got older, I fell in love with hot rods, and the 32 has always been a dream car. I'd like to buy this crate car one of these days. So until then, I am gonna make the best kart version I can , to hold me over. I'm going with all the bells and whistles. Keyed, electric start, full lighting, reverse, full interior (seat,interior door panels,dash with gauges), and a period correct look/stance, with fat n skinnies, and maybe even a wolves tail hanging from an antenna.....
I have not decided color yet. I'm stuck between the "show car " look in fire engine red with flames, or the matte black, poorboy racer....... I like both, so it's very difficult for me to decide. It might end up being a poll question in the end.
I've been researching local companies to fabricate an original appearing frame for these. WOW not gonna be cheap. Without seeing it in person, I believe a simple kart frame will not work, or even remotely look right, to carry these bodies. I've been studying the lines on the body and mold, both appear to have the shape of the original frame embedded in the glass, to sit on. I will take that job first, as it's the foundation of the kart.
Here is my dream.....http://www.speedway32.com/features.html
 

Attachments

  • download_20140315_113851.jpg
    download_20140315_113851.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 8

OzFab

Well-known member
Messages
15,615
Reaction score
73
Location
Warwick Qld, Australia
Sweet :thumbsup: I'll be watching this...:drool5: :popcorn:

I have not decided color yet. I'm stuck between the "show car " look in fire engine red with flames, or the matte black, poorboy racer....... I like both, so it's very difficult for me to decide.

Well, here's a thought, you have the mould so, do both... :D
 

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Messages
5,247
Reaction score
88
Location
Houston Texas
:lolgoku::iagree: I plan on it.... Also gonna make some with no fenders or running boards.... That type can go either way but I like the matte black look for those,mostly. The grease monkey version us poor folk could manage. But then again , those cars look great ANY way you put em together.... :thumbsup:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top