what to do with minibike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jblankster

*********
Messages
458
Reaction score
0
Location
Illinois
A a a poke a bear with me I'm using voice activation software to type this because I'm lazy.

Okay so here's my idea I currently have the setup on my minibiek, which is a jack shaft set up to the gear down below what ever.








So as you see there that is hell is currently set up. Soul what I'm thinking about doing it is either getting a big bully clutch and in gearing a bit higher to make more speed, which would be the easiest way to do it, and possibly the cheapest.

And other thing I can do is get a comic torque converter and taking off that jack shaft and setting up that way.

But another option is to completely replace the motor with a dirt bike motor with five speed Manual transmission and setting up with that. Or putting a bigger briggs engine on there, and putting a torque converter or clutch etc.



then exhaust opinion/help

heres my current exhaust set up








So I want to take off my in many bikes muffler, and either had a piece from the engine and continue the exhaust that is on there currently, or I saw someone hope up a a motorcycle exhaust (like one of those real nice ones, i have pics some ware ill try n find em), which would be muffled, and even sounded pretty good.




What you must think I should do about that?

Looking forward to your replies
-Jblankster
 

oscaryu1

New member
Messages
2,767
Reaction score
7
Honda's have many hop up parts. Heck, my Honda Clone has so many performance parts, a guy with the same model got it from 6.5HP to 26HP.

GX160 or GX200 there? (5.5HP or 6.5HP?)
 

Jblankster

*********
Messages
458
Reaction score
0
Location
Illinois
its actually niether, its a knock off gx160 is my guess. its 5-6 hp. i can only get to 20 mph so its really slow :(
 

crazycart

RedNek Engineering
Messages
1,339
Reaction score
23
Location
MINNESOTA
I would definitely go with a torque converter,They will give you great torque and also give you more speed.You wont be disapointed if you get one.
 

Jblankster

*********
Messages
458
Reaction score
0
Location
Illinois
no their not, as a kart racer whos seen them. i know their not. they might be exactly lookwise n everything, but when it comes to the material their made of, their crap.
 

Jblankster

*********
Messages
458
Reaction score
0
Location
Illinois
^there we go, they call it monkey metal or something.

but yea, today i took a few min to take it out, i decided to run no pipe on the exhaust and HOLY CRAP! it sounds GREAT! im tempted to leave it like that, but im not sure how well that would turn out.
 

crazycart

RedNek Engineering
Messages
1,339
Reaction score
23
Location
MINNESOTA
Those flames will be there no matter what,its just like russ said before when the cool air outside hits the very hot air inside the engine the valves get ruined.I would at least run a straight pipe.
 

Jblankster

*********
Messages
458
Reaction score
0
Location
Illinois
^i know, i will. im going to run a pipe to that exhaust on it. i was just seeing how loud it was at the time.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top