what the ????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

oscaryu1

Reaction score
Don't carry logs into the forest means to not be redundant. Why would you take logs with you to a forest if there was wood everywhere around you.

Webster dictionary... "Using more words than necessary" - Redundant Definition 3.

Interesting...

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
I beg to differ, but I often find plenty of things to drool at when on the internet. :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :arf:

Oscaryu, redundancy doesn't just mean to use more words than necessary. It can also mean to have more than one of something in place. Have you ever heard of redundant power supplies when dealing with servers? That means that there's more than one power supply available and working at the same time in case one goes bad. Also RAID, when referring to computers and such, stands for Redundant Array of Independent Disks. So if you know anything about RAID, you know that you can have mirroring (the same exact data) across various drives in case one goes bad, you don't lose any of your data.

When someone says: "I just bought a new NIC card for my computer", they're being redundant because NIC stands for Network Interface Card. So basically they're saying they have a network interface card card. No that wasn't a typo. And that's today lesson on stuff. :arf: :arf:

oscaryu1

Reaction score
Haha! Nice one! :D

When someone says: "I just bought a new NIC card for my computer", they're being redundant because NIC stands for Network Interface Card. So basically they're saying they have a network interface card card. No that wasn't a typo. And that's today lesson on stuff.

Why would he need a NIC? Most mobos these days come with a onboard NIC... :biggrin5:

RED-85-Z51

Reaction score
That don't make any sense...

Either I didn't know, or just reposted by accident. Oh wow, am I going to jail?

It means, Dont cause unnessecary work. Why would you carry logs into a forest full of logs?

Like "I couldnt see the forest for all the trees...

It's a metaphor.

Status
Not open for further replies.