what the ????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtrider69

Reaction score
ok i have let my go cart sit for about a month cause i needed to get a torqe converter belt but i tried to start the motor and oil was running out of the carb????why do you think that is or what happened??? the motor is a 6 hp tumech (sp) but i was wondering if i should take it apart or just let it sit then try to start it again???? any help is appretiated!

Russ2251

AZUSA:Powered by LAWN-BOY
Reaction score
Sounds like a stuck float/needle or (depending on construction) float could have a hole in it causing bowl to overfill and leak out of carb. If it is just stuck, a couple of sharp raps with a plastic mallet (or screw driver handle) on body of carb may clear it. If this does not work, carb will have to be disassembled.

Russ2251

AZUSA:Powered by LAWN-BOY
Reaction score
If in fact engine has been sitting level, then you have to check a couple of things.
Check oil level. Is it overfilled?
If it is overfilled, does it have a strong odor of raw gas?
How long has engine been sitting and well how did it run before you stopped using it?
Did this engine smoke at all?

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Yup, I had this happen to one of my engines because it was sitting on it's side. I don't see any reason why there would be oil coming out of it if it was sitting right side up because then it would just settle at the bottom of the case.

Dynoracecams

Reaction score
before you stoped running it did it get any other liquid in it like water gas or somthing like that

oscaryu1

Reaction score
If the breather tube connects to the carb, and it was on its side, go figger.

dirtrider69

Reaction score
i just had a brain fart i lifted it up on its rear to fix the brakes so i thought about it in school i let it sit for a couple of days so should i start it up or should i clean the float bowl...........thanks for the help tho guys

oscaryu1

Reaction score
Some air filters are supposed to be soaked in oil...

Well not "soaked" but oiled...

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
GO TO JAIL! Do not pass go, do not collect $200. :arf:

Status
Not open for further replies.