Torque Converter Upgrade?

BrownStainRacing

Reaction score
In post #19, I mentioned the possibility of jackshaft being too short.
Post some pics so we can see what you are seeing.
See???? 😆 🤣 😂
J/k, but post pics anyway.

Reaction score
Here's some pictures showing the weird hole on the sprocket side and how it got pulled out, as well as how I have tightened the jackshaft.

Attachments

• IMG_20230411_164244.jpg
    IMG_20230411_164244.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20230411_164603.jpg
    IMG_20230411_164603.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 12

BrownStainRacing

Reaction score
I'm also gonna get the white springs and a stage one kit from GPS.
Please don't waste your money on that useless stage 1 kit, that's a freaking joke. They jus setting you up to buy their other crap kits.

I turn my pred 224cc with a .670" bored stock appearing carb, 5900 rpm thur a stock air box and stock filter, don't have to worry about it falling off, and it actually filters dirt and dust, like an air filter is suppose to.

Your predator 212 non hemi is only gonna turn 4400 rpm max on its best day. Its probably not turning that now, but I can help you with that.

There is no reason to buy fancy air filters and headers until you install parts that will allow it to SAFELY turn 5300+ rpm without blowing up. Your stock air box and muffler can handle 5000+ rpm.

Spend your hard earned money on parts that will actually IMPROVE the performance of what you have now. Not on parts that cause excessive carbon build up in the combustion chamber, eventually causing the rings to stick and burning up the cylinder. Does that kit come with a can of seafoam to clean out the excessive carbon build up that .038" jet is gonna cause???

Here's parts that will make a huge improvement over any 1 of those junk stage 1 kits. It's ez, cheap, and works every time.

70mm x .009" thick head gasket.
18lb valve springs.
+4 degrees advance timing key.
1/32" drill bit, to open the stock main jet up from .028" to .031".

Add in the $40 cast aluminum flywheel, that comes stock on the tilly 212r, and there's a good chance you will be changing gear ratio, to calm it down on the low side.

Jus changing the stock .052" thick head gasket will bump up the compression ratio from 7.8:1 to 9.0:1. That's a huge improvement!!!!! And not 1 big supplier will tell you that.

Any body that knows anything about getting more power outta any stock low compression ratio engine, knows that bumping up CR is the fastest, easiest way to get more power. After getting the CR up, then you start adding better performance parts......if you need them.

If interested in parts that will actually work for you, jus lmk. I can point you in the right direction. If not, I understand.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Alright yeah I will be investing in those parts soon.
Also is there any similarly rated and priced flywheels with inner magnets for a charging system? It would be nice to have some lights for some nighttime offroading. If there isn't, could I just drill and tap mounting holes in the block and mount the coils outside of the flywheel?

BrownStainRacing

Reaction score
No aftermarket charging flywheel that I know of.

I have got 2 complete lighting coils with matching flywheels. New take offs from stock 196cc.

You can safely turn that stock lighting flywheel to 4200 rpm, but that's it, I surely wouldn't push it passed that point.

Your pred non hemi can make really good low rpm power to 4200 rpm, with the right combo of parts.