There She Blows

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
The early fuel altereds were some evil launching and handling ba$7ards! The drivers had rocks like cannonballs!
I tried to sell Chris one of Ronnie Sox’s old hemi crash boxes. One of the clowns that was with him convinced him, I did not have one because mine had the only set of straight cut gears that Doug Nash ever made! Doug gave Sox & Martin the gears to try out just before pro stock switched over to Lenco transmissions only. After that there was no need for the straight cut gears. My buddy bought the trans from Ronnie when they put the lenco in at a race. It was an evil shifting thing that broke many shifters but never missed a gear. Ronnie told me all of this when I showed the trans to him at a race. It was legit! By the time the Greek thought it over And called Ronnie for my number and verification it was too late. Ronnie helped me sell it to a guy that was restoring the very car it came out of.

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
The early fuel altereds were some evil launching and handling ba$7ards! The drivers had rocks like cannonballs!
I tried to sell Chris one of Ronnie Sox’s old hemi crash boxes. One of the clowns that was with him convinced him, I did not have one because mine had the only set of straight cut gears that Doug Nash ever made! Doug gave Sox & Martin the gears to try out just before pro stock switched over to Lenco transmissions only. After that there was no need for the straight cut gears. My buddy bought the trans from Ronnie when they put the lenco in at a race. It was an evil shifting thing that broke many shifters but never missed a gear. Ronnie told me all of this when I showed the trans to him at a race. It was legit! By the time the Greek thought it over And called Ronnie for my number and verification it was too late. Ronnie helped me sell it to a guy that was restoring the very car it came out of.
Thats right. You don’t live too far from me. Gabby was a cool guy. I enjoyed talking to him and busting his balls about the White Sox. He was a big Sox fan. He passed away last summer at the age of 90.

I liked to ask him about his cars while he sipped Diet Coke. He seemed to enjoy talking about it. Nobody else at my job seemed to have any interest in talking about drag racing.

Damn, just looked up the Greek and I read he made a 305mph pass at 86 years young in 2018. Wow!

Last edited:

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
What kind of oil in the engine?
I have this TriboDyn stuff in the blower. Mystery Oil as a fuel additive (30ml per gallon of E-85). I’ve got this 10W-40 4 stroke motorcycle oil or maybe this 15W-40 diesel oil with the ppms of phosphorous protection?

Attachments

• IMG_4293.jpeg
    IMG_4293.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 1

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
I was trying to figure out if there’s a type of oil that doesn’t mix well with ethanol. Jodi from ARC put out a video talking about zinc additives and splash lube and flat tappets.
ARC sells a medium weight 4stroke karting oil made by Lucas I believe. He also mentioned some others like Royal Purp, Rotella, Valvoline VR1,

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
I decided on some of this Valvoline VR1 racing oil for classic, pushrod, flat tappet engines.

It has twice the zinc (compared to ?) and anti foaming stuff.

Some thread on “Bobs the Oil Guy” said the zinc has been lowered a bit in recent years. It used to be 1300-1400ppm?

Attachments

• IMG_4296.png
    IMG_4296.png
    973.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4295.png
    IMG_4295.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 3

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
Is it stater motors, or solenoids that need hammering from time to time?
Or just stuck carbs that need the hammer?

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
lil sh!t just growled at me cause I was messing around with wires and not playing with him. He tried to snatch some crimp connectors and I took them away and he growled. He must know they are trash from HF and I should be soldering.

Gauges…
AFR
CHT
Tachometer
Boost

Push button Start
3amp Charging
18ah 12v mighty max battery still good after 5 years of just sitting around.

Attachments

• IMG_4352.jpeg
    IMG_4352.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
When the mini rat terrier isn’t eating fuel line, he tries to eat my garden leaves.

Im not really sure, but I think every thing should be ready to harvest by beginning of October. I think that is how I planned it.

Perhaps I’m better at gardening than understanding internal combustion engines.

Attachments

• IMG_4364.jpeg
    IMG_4364.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4363.jpeg
    IMG_4363.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4362.jpeg
    IMG_4362.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4360.jpeg
    IMG_4360.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4358.jpeg
    IMG_4358.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4359.jpeg
    IMG_4359.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4356.jpeg
    IMG_4356.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4357.jpeg
    IMG_4357.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4354.jpeg
    IMG_4354.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4355.jpeg
    IMG_4355.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
Since I don’t want to build the trailer and already started scavenging parts, I should probably make use of these wheels.
I tried to bring them back because I thought there was a recall, but I guess these weren’t recalled. I think maybe the bearings are junk? Or they need grease repacked? I don’t think they are good for highway speeds.

Even with a certificate of origin, but no receipt or bill of sale, I wasn’t able to get a title for the trailer. Illinois wasn’t sure I payed taxes on it, so they wouldn’t give me a title, so I would be able to pay them more to register it. Dumb. Should I have made up a bill of sale (no fraud suggestions, lol)? Could I just have told Illinois I bought it second hand and produced a hand written “receipt”?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
In IL can you register it as home built? Just get ready to pay more taxes on it!
I tried to register it once with a certificate of origin. They told me I need to apply for a title. I asked how to do that and they asked where I got it. Dumb me said a store. Then they told me I needed a receipt or bill of sale. I asked Harbor Freight “Trailer department” to send me a copy of the receipt or a bill of sale and they offered a certificate of origin. I told them I wanted a copy of the receipt from like 7 years ago. The told me to kick rocks.

I guess I should have said it was home made. I didn’t know. But now I can use the frame rails for a custom frame for something. It was a folding 4x8 utility trailer so I’m guessing the frame rails are (10) 4’ long pieces of U channel. The box container those is being stored elsewhere.

I got it very cheap compared to what it is going for now. I’m not sure mine is the same as in the picture. I got it for less than 200 but it might have been 10 years ago now.

Attachments

• IMG_4377.png
    IMG_4377.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4376.png
    IMG_4376.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4375.png
    IMG_4375.png
    718.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4373.png
    IMG_4373.png