Zombient
Junkyard Derelict
Wire wheel would work too. Less messy than paint stripper too
I'm using a combo of both.
But then again, I'm stripping 2 layers of spray paint and one layer of powder coating.
Wire wheel would work too. Less messy than paint stripper too
Ok there is a professional powder coating company that says they will only charge 65$ to powder coat my frame, is it worth it? And how much better is theasy powder coat?
Also remember that after powder coating some things might not fit!
Powder coating can build up a much more substantial layer then paint. You might have to take the powder coating off in certain spots where it mounts together, like where the forks and bars fit to the frame...
Ok there is a professional powder coating company that says they will only charge 65$ to powder coat my frame, is it worth it? And how much better is theasy powder coat?
Also just want to know what anyone thinks about this, I put the seat on the mini bike to see how it looks, and realized the holes where the bolts go are seriously messed up. Let me show you guys what it would look like if the seat was bolted on, it is way off of the frame its self. I think I can just get those nuts that you can put into the wood and bolt it down like that, but just surprised that this happened...
That price is definitely worth it; powder coating is much harder than any paint so, it will last longer & almost never scratch or chip; the only downside is the limited colour range...
However, as stated, the surface must be pristine...
You're thinking of "T nuts" which must be fitted from the inside; ie: the top surface of the wood base; if fitted from the outside, they will simply pull out over time...
Hmm, not sure what i will do about the seat but its not a big deal for now. I asked the company how much it would be to sand blast the frame also, haven't gotten a response yet but i hope its a decent price. I might just use paint stripper and wire wheel but i really have limited work space right now and have a bit of money laying around so i might as well just save my self some time and have them sand blast it for a decent price.

Hmm, not sure what i will do about the seat but its not a big deal for now. I asked the company how much it would be to sand blast the frame also, haven't gotten a response yet but i hope its a decent price. I might just use paint stripper and wire wheel but i really have limited work space right now and have a bit of money that i saved for the bike for this purpose, so i might as well just save my self some time and have them sand blast it for a decent price.
Brake parts cleaner! Lol. It'll strip all the paint, and iirc won't leave a residue. Just hope for no rust.
I may be wrong but, the sand blasting will probably cost more than the powder coating...
I may be wrong but, the sand blasting will probably cost more than the powder coating...
DUDE, you need to keep those guys on speed dial, that's an awesome deal...Ok so i primed, then painted my frame and everything was all good. But then right when i put the clear coat on it just immediately cracks up. Basically ruined the paint job. Not sure what to do because without the clear coating layers the paint just scratches right off. Anybody know why it did this and if i can stop it?