• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Shop critters or critters in general..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axx3d

Reaction score
Hung up a cple bird feeders for the shop cat to watch during winter ;)

Attachments

• cattv.jpg
    cattv.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 10

90droptop

Reaction score

Attachments

• 9cbac6e18799c33426d1347513bf7c4d.jpg
    9cbac6e18799c33426d1347513bf7c4d.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 6aacd08049a243d9cd7d290484b222e2.jpg
    6aacd08049a243d9cd7d290484b222e2.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited by a moderator:

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
It only counts if you name them.
As far as soiders go we have a rule at my house: If you see them and don't kill them immediately you cannot kill them the next time you see them and you should name them.
needless to say .....
We have alot of DEAD spiders

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Reaction score
My son and his new buddy, Butch.....:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::innocent:
They had a long day playing.....

Attachments

• david and butch .jpg
    david and butch .jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 17

2SlickNick

American Minibikes @ FB
Reaction score
Here is our dog Mingo - we rescued him 6 months ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-4cM5lDZgw

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 AM ----------

This is an old thread I wanted to open for the newer members to share their "Shop Dog"
Here is "Chance" this morning, Catching his 3rd Gopher this Week!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFDfut1D6lk&feature=youtu.be

That is crazy, a dog that catches gophers. Wish my dog Could do that. I have a mole here I need to call out. And you just let him eat him to? Well I guess that helps them develop a sense of blood lost for the gophers. LOL

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
He dideat that one, it was very small.
Ususally we know he got on cause he plays withthe carcass.
Shaking it and throwing it. He chews them and leaves them lay. Then I throw them away and I think he ate that one cause we were right there and he thought we would take it.

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
When Sammy...(my big gray feral cat) first adopted me...he used to bring me presents...(birds)...I let him out back one day and just a couple of minutes later I heard some screeching on the front porch...I opened the door and he comes walking in and I see a bunch of feathers in his mouth...I reach down and take a young cardinal out of his mouth....

I wonder how badly it's hurt...walk outside and it flies away like nothing ever happened....

Not all of them faired as well..but most of the time they were uninjured....for a while...he would bring me a bird every day...and always a different kind.

After awhile...he stopped that...but still hunted them for his own pleasure and occasionally ate some...

He doesn't do it anymore...(too fat and lazy I guess) ..

But ....(this blows my mind) my mom's big gray cat caught a SQUIRREL and brought it in her house and let it go!!!

He's dead now...(the cat....my mom finally got that squirrel out) but we used to talk about how similar our cats habits were all the time...(like leading you to the food bowl...biting you on the ankles...ect. ect.)

Oh...and she was so upset because he killed all the snakes and lizards..Sammy would too, but I caught him stalking one...and told him those were mine and to leave them alone...and amazingly..it's one of the few things he's obeyed me about.

OzFab

Reaction score
Ok, short story long (as is usual for me :lolgoku:), in January of last year, my ex had wild kittens born not only in her street but, in her back yard; the first litter of 6 were around 4 weeks old, which she then hand raised & sent to a shelter.

About a week later, another 5 showed up in her back yard; these were a bit younger, only 1-3 weeks old, & all had cat flu which took them all; using a cat trap, all attempts at catching the mothers failed...

Fast forward 12 months & my ex's cat was often spotted peeking through the fence but, nothing was thought of it until one day, about two weeks ago, when I noticed her staring under a bush in the yard; upon investigation, I spotted two small kittens about 4 weeks old; one darted off in one direction, the other ran towards the nearby corner of the yard; I cornered & it tried to run; unfortunately for the cat, I have better reflexes & I caught it with my bare hands...

Over the following week, I attempted to catch the rest of the kittens; I caught one but, natural reaction made me let it go when it bit me; after that, with the help of a possum trap leant to me, I managed to trap not only the rest of the kittens but also, their mother, which were then relocated faaaaar away...

It wasn't until after I caught the kitten that I noticed it's right ear was injured; a visit to the vet for a general check-up (which determined it was a boy) & a shot for cat flu (just in case) also came with the conclusion that the ear was burned, most likely on a car engine or exhaust...

He's now doing fine & is loving his new life so much he doesn't like going outside anymore; here is the first of many vids I've shot over the past two weeks... less than 48 hours after catching him...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFTM9xT_pic&feature=youtu.be

OzFab

Reaction score
Update:

Well, this little guy is now around six months old &, like most six months old kittens, he's completely nuts but, he's also very affectionate & is a great companion, he's the last thing I see before going to sleep at night & the first thing I see every morning (case in point, I was still in bed when the following pics were taken)

Attachments

• IMAG1273[1].jpg
    IMAG1273[1].jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMAG1274[1].jpg
    IMAG1274[1].jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 4

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
KILL IT! KILL IT NOW! I see the evil plans rolling around in it's head....(why do you think it's watching you sleep?

CATS ARE EVIL!!!!
JK....That's a beautiful cat.....and I'm sure it's ALREADY a sweetheart....and it'll only get better!

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
What he said. But just the first part.

Shenanigans!

Status
Not open for further replies.