Senior Project Go Kart Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

landuse

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
18,796
Reaction score
593
Location
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
Have you disconnected the oil cut off switch? I know you werent turning a corner when the engine cut out, but it is always good to have that oil switch disconnected
 

Romba

New member
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Oil cut off switch? Also it only cuts off when I am slowing to a dead stop.

So last night put in a new set screw and key, loctited the heck out of it. Today, taking a test lap and one of my front wheel bearings just craps out. Luckily then sent me some extras, so I replace it. Next test lap, off comes the chain. Fortunately I had another master link to replace the link that blew. Come to find out it's because the jackshaft sprocket had moved, the OTHER set screw came out! Went to the hardware store for more, all the ones I got are too small :( IT'S JUST ONE THING AFTER ANOTHER!

Graduation tonight and I really want to show it off afterwards. Sounds like another trip to the hardware store on the way to graduation, lol.
 
Last edited:

landuse

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
18,796
Reaction score
593
Location
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
Oil cut off switch? Also it only cuts off when I am slowing to a dead stop.

If you have a low oil cut of switch, it is best to disconnect it. Karts do some crazy turns and you don't want the engine cutting out all the time. Your problem might not be related, but it is always a good thing to disconnect anyway
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top