Rupp Dart Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

slidewayz

Reaction score
Well guys thanks a heap.
A few lil tid bits to take care of but heres the lil guy, cant wait to get it out in the sun tomorrow.

Oh, and sorry guys....no pedestal for this, hope to ride the heck out of it!!! But I hope to take good care of it, and teach the grand kids to do the same. I really appreciate the very high praise of my work though....Thank you!!!

PS firemanjim, what contest are you talking about?

slidewayz

Reaction score
Guess what I just got invited to Pilot this weekend....

Yup Im officially a hired gun to go mix it up with the boys....

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

slidewayz

Reaction score
We had a blast!!

Took the little Rupp out to the track to show it off, folks loved it. Didnt run it at all, as it has a bad stumble in the carb. Did ok in my races. Kart was horribly loose, and bottomed out badly on the rough track. Eventually bottomed out enough on the sprocket saver that it wiped out all the teeth on the clutch, so I didnt finish the main event. It and I were about a 4th or 5th place kart though. My son who races the 21 finished 3rd and ran a real good race.....I did get to lead my heat race for almost 2 laps
:thumbsup:

slidewayz

Reaction score
Finally got the opportunity to get the lil guy out in front of the garage for a few pics.

And a before:

Im still working on a more vintage/nostalgic air filter/adapter so the K&N style is not permanent.

Is it normal to have to jet these Predators up when the governor is removed?

slidewayz

Reaction score
Incredible build. Lot's of talent right there...:thumbsup:

Thank you very very much!

Looks great! I'm quite interested on how you did the exhaust?

The exhaust is just 1/8" aluminum. I did a paper mock up to get the shape I wanted and to make sure it would fit. I routed an upper and lower plate, and milled in the letters. I cut a 1" tall strip of the same 1/8" and that became the sides. I also used a couple of pieces inside to both direct the exhaust and to strengthen around the bolts. Welded it all up with the mig welder. My dad made fun of its idle, as he said it sounded like it should be making bubbles.....:lolgoku:

slidewayz

Reaction score
Found a pic of me racing the Oval track kart :thumbsup:

And for those that dont venture to the DIY Build Off area, here is a quick pic of the kart I just built next to my lil Rupp.

Check out the DIY Build Offs, there is some amazing stuff and some way out there ideas being built!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.