Revenge of the tarp

Status
Not open for further replies.

supermanotorious

Winchmaster 5000
Reaction score
there is rain in the forecast as we move in to this holiday weekend and I figure the city wont be active until Tuesday, so I timed it as I put it up again last night, 1 hour and it could've been quicker if it wasn't for a little adjustment I had to make, an hour well spent to keep my stuff dry

forecast allowing, I'll take it down for a couple weeks to let them come and find nothing, maybe I'm being paranoid, but I doubt it

Bbqjoe

Banned
Reaction score
I used to play a little game with P&Z, and sometimes the DOT.
I used to have a cube van with restaurant advertising on it.

I'd park it on a friends property about a mile from the place.

It would sit for a week or so, then P&Z would tell me I have to move it.
I always would, but just to a different location until they called me again. :D

Bbqjoe

Banned
Reaction score
There is no P&Z where I live. We can do as we please. Of course I live in a town of 369 souls in the boston mountians in northwest Arkansas.
It used to be that way here, if you owned 45+ acres.
It's changed a bit, but no one is going to bother you here either, unless you're stupid, and raise your hand.

Then again, you could probably whack someone and call the cops. They'd probably send you a form to fill out, or just tell you to bury the body, and shut up.

Whitetrashrocker

Inmate #952016
Reaction score
My bro lives in the Phoenix area. Gilbert.
He lives at the dead end of a street. Had some official guy come knocking on his door while we was inside taking a break from doing some light maintenance to his Jeep. Changing an upper radiator hose or something. He hid inside till the guy left. He thought he was gonna get a ticket. Apparently they are on the look out for that stuff or one of his neighbor's dropped a dime.

Such malarkey.
I'm glad I live out in rural America. Pain to drive an hour to get grocery's but I can pee off my porch and no one cares.

Bbqjoe

Banned
Reaction score
My bro lives in the Phoenix area. Gilbert.
He lives at the dead end of a street. Had some official guy come knocking on his door while we was inside taking a break from doing some light maintenance to his Jeep. Changing an upper radiator hose or something. He hid inside till the guy left. He thought he was gonna get a ticket. Apparently they are on the look out for that stuff or one of his neighbor's dropped a dime.

Such malarkey.
I'm glad I live out in rural America. Pain to drive an hour to get grocery's but I can pee off my porch and no one cares.

Exactly.
Fine free. Jail free etc for doing things that you shouldn't be fined or jailed for anyway.

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
If a man can't Pee anywhere he wants on his own Property... ? WTF I mean Come ON!!!

btw Yes I can. :)

supermanotorious

Winchmaster 5000
Reaction score
drat! I got away with 5 weeks of tarp glory till a blight complaint showed up today, good news is I have 2 weeks to comply, I can tear down and set up quickly, and I'm about 99% sure I know who complained, and coincidentally that is someone the entire neighborhood is trying to eliminate (remember the paint menace)

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Did they bust you for the Lights too?
May have been one of those Joggers that was Flippin off your cameras! LOL

supermanotorious

Winchmaster 5000
Reaction score
no, I know exactly who it was, its the dip$h!t that spills paint and breaks glass in our neighborhood, how could I know??!!

well this guy is such a problem all of us nabes talk to each other about him, this guy is a huge hypocrite, he trashes our hood but calls the city on our properties for things "out of code" and calls the cops when we ride the gokarts

he's to blame for my old lady and daughter getting pulled over on Christmas day all those years ago

so, last time my tarp had to come down was due to a tiff between me and the across the street nabe, we've since made up and agreed to never do that kind of thing again, but it was about "the tarp", and the city said no tarps can be visible from the property line

this time around, I need to rewind about 4 or 5 months ago, I was talking to a nabe who has lots of problems with our villian, the nabe had built a shed in the backyard and the local idiot called it in saying it was too close to the property line and the city agreed, luckily the neighbor was able to slide the shed away from the wall

now I got my notice yesterday and called to ask what it was about, the clerk read the record and told me I was found to have a structure too close to the property line, there was no mention of a tarp at all

the jerk knows I'm the one who returns his broken glass to his property, he's spilled recent paint on our sidewalk and my truck in retaliation, he's now figured out to call the city on me

ever heard of killing two birds with one stone? I'm feeling like taking care of multiple problems with one "stone"

supermanotorious

Winchmaster 5000
Reaction score
I got one neighbor to help me pressure wash a sidewalk yesterday, then I was shocked how good the sidewalk looked, a sidewalk? really??

so it occurred to me that all this paint is creating a psychological oppression and everyday it sits there, he "wins"

so today, I am going to buy paint stripper and I'm going to douse some of the hot spots in the highest visibility areas

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    367.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    498.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    369.2 KB · Views: 6
Status
Not open for further replies.