• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Quick bits

karl

Reaction score
Haha in your dreams, my projects are NEVER that easy, there’s always some huge problem I have to fix.
I dont blame ya for scraping it, id do the same.

Only reason I took the generator home was I knew It could be fixed with relative ease, in a night

Having a backup genset is never a bad thing, and can be used as leverage in trades/ resold.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Is it a dual fuel or gas only? Would be nice sometimes to have a dual fuel so that way you could potentially extend the life of the engine (propane and by extension natural gas, are not as harsh on engines).

karl

Reaction score
Is it a dual fuel or gas only? Would be nice sometimes to have a dual fuel so that way you could potentially extend the life of the engine (propane and by extension natural gas, are not as harsh on engines).
Gas only. It would be cool to buy a kit , duel fuel gx340/360 conversion, easily available from the usual suspects, and modify to fit.
my projects are NEVER that easy, there’s always some huge problem I have to fix.
Not so fast, she is being stubborn. The tapered fit is tight. Very. Tapped the end, 3/8. Cut a 5/16 rod down, ground the end to fit in the crank with room for the 3/8 bolt to push on. Impact, Snapped the bolt. Extracted. Welded a nut on another, tightened, slide hammer, nothing. Going to try a giant puller tomorrow to grab the bottom. Or drill a bolt, tap for zerk, drill through, use sealing washer, and pump with grease gun.

Attachments

• 20210110_185450.jpg
    20210110_185450.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 3
  • 20210110_214646.jpg
    20210110_214646.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 3