Puting a new carb on tecumseh HH100

Status
Not open for further replies.

daddue11

Reaction score
For any of those that would like to know.
I just recently purchased a rebuilt Tecumseh HH100 10 h.p. motor in case the one in my 69 sears tractor went out.
Well, it did finally go out(through a rod) and I put the rebuilt one in,I found out that the rebuilt one was a different much newer one.
I got it to running barely but it had a vacume leak somewhere, after some close scrutiny I found that you couldn't use the old carb on the newer models without an adapter plate because the carb bowl hits the side of the engine block and won't let the carb lay flush on the intake.
So, I traced the carb intake gasket out on sheet metal(1\16) and made 2 gaskets and placed them between the old gaskets and that fixed the problem with no probs what so ever.
I ran the tractor for about 3 hours today and no vacume leaks or overheating at all.
I bought a new 13 horse for the tractor this week but wanted to get the 10 h.p. running so I could put it on my kart because it has a starter\gen and then I can run full lights and run the reverse gear box.
The plan is coming together.

daddue11

Reaction score
Yes sir I'll get pics of it monday,It's at my garage at my office 13 mi. away.
Now that I have it running smooth I'd hate to put another carb on it and start all over again,but if it acts up again,I'll seriously think about a new one.
I've got another Koller 7 1/2 h.p. with a starter\gen that looks alot like the Tecumseh and it looks like it might have the same carb on it.That one is on an ancient Moto Mower. I love old iron.

daddue11

Reaction score
O.K. I'm kinda ignorant here,no not kinda, real ignorant about this,I was looking at the Minkuni carbs or whatever they are called and was thinking "how in the world would I mate them up to the intake manifold? they dont have flanges with the bolt holes to mount them to the intake like the carb on it now."
Please imput the solution.:surrender: :mad2:

jr dragster T

Reaction score
Yeah well I was just saying that alot of mikuni carbs are exensive. Overall a flat side is better though. Just throw a 42 mm flat side mikuni on there. There only $420.

daddue11

Reaction score
Yeah well I was just saying that alot of mikuni carbs are exensive. Overall a flat side is better though. Just throw a 42 mm flat side mikuni on there. There only $420.

HOLY HOGNOSTERS!!! That's a whole lotta coin to blow on a funkart, I wanna just play with my grandkids with it and not take it to the extreme.
I'll just use the homemade adapter plate that I made.

I want to thank everyone for the imput though,I've learned masses of info on here so far.
Big thanks.

Last edited:

jerseyrick1

Reaction score
HOLY HOGNOSTERS!!! That's a whole lotta coin to blow on a funkart

...That's funny! Yeah, all I wanted was a "cheap" kart myself to piddle with. All those $20 here and $30 there add up quickly and were not finished yet. I should have just bought the Max-Air kit for my bike instead or another piece of chrome. You can never have to much chrome... GL and have fun!...:sifone:

crazycart

RedNek Engineering
Reaction score
If you used a 42MM on a engine like that you would lose power substantially, you dont need anything over 20-25mm.

Russ2251

AZUSA:Powered by LAWN-BOY
Reaction score
If venturi is too large, partial vacuum passing through it won't be enough to draw fuel in to combustion chamber. Engine will drown in too much atmosphere and not enough fuel.
Better the venturi be slightly too small than anything too large.

jr dragster T

Reaction score
Lol 39.6 aint big enough! you should see the volume of alcohol that shoots out from the accelerater pump at the hit of the throttle from my 42 mm mikuni flat side Its at LEAST a teaspoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.