my first build thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelcorp

Reaction score
build stalling now!!!!

The time is 7:40 in south africa so morning guys...So lastnight rough night with my guys and couldnt get to taking some more pics so i have decided that pics will be taken on wkends,its best in my interest also i have noticed the photos ive shared with you guys aint of the best quality so ill put a change to that and take proper pics with beter exposure and sunlight.
As for my build....,last night i had a look at it and saw some welding joints that needs beter welding for beter strength,also i thought about maybe using some angle-iron for the conners of the kart.My welding wasnt the best and i was to in hurry to finish the welding.
Ill most deff need a new steering wheel,since this is a diy forum i thought about using a nice big chain and weld it nicely together and see how that works out,if not happy ill have to look for one...
Any input guys please do thanx

michaelcorp

Reaction score
measurements!!!

Morning guys so paul asked me to measure height of kart and wheel...
Wheel from ground to top of wheel reads 240mm
frame reads 180mm from ground to bottom of the frame,thats with wheels and bearings attached,without bearing block it sits at around 159mm...
All measurements was done with a tape measure in mm...also i see there is 3.00-4 written on my tyre anyone know what size does that indicate?

michaelcorp

Reaction score
small update!!!

Good day guys...so i havent made much progress lately due to the work i do,although i have bought my bearings and axle shaft.Its a 20mm shaft with 20mm pilow block bearings.The thing thats got me hooked now is that do i machine my shaft abit down to 19.5mm to slide the bearings over and lock it with the grub screws? Or do i press the bearings over? Any advise and input as to how to get the bearings on the shaft would be a apreciated.This build takes abit of time though but i promise it will be finish before christmas...HAHA!

michaelcorp

Reaction score
if you didn't find seat, you can try make it by your own ..

there is how I did it http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showpost.php?p=397698&postcount=43

but you have to protect Styrofoam before applying plastic ...

thanks mate I've found a seat...:wai:

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

Mornings guys...I've done alil work on my project and couldn't get any further. tried fitting the shaft through the bearings but got no luck,so hopefully if I finish early today I'll measure everything where it will sit and send it off to a workshop as I don't have the tools and machinery to do it myself. :yawn:

michaelcorp

Reaction score
new update with many pics!!!!

Hi guys I hope this pics does this thread justice

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 7

michaelcorp

Reaction score
Hey thanks Paul...yeah its slowly getting there but standing at the moment,got a new contract that keeps me busy 24/7...I went to lawnmower centre the other day and they out of stock with the engine I want BUT wil email me as soon as they get

michaelcorp

Reaction score
Im back and ready for action!

Sorry guys ive lost my password some how and after some got it back...my kart almost finish and will add some updates and pics later.also i have and turning issue with live axle.will continue later

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
OK...so i said i would help out Michael and post some of his pics for him, asking about his steering. I said to him that his ackermann is off, and that you guys would have some suggestions. So here are the pics of the front end.

Most of the steering components came of one of those tiny kiddie quads like the last pic (not the same one though). They are really tiny (generally about 49cc)

Also, if anyone knows of a wiring diagram that is available for these things, that would also be great.

Thanks for looking

Attachments

• IMG-20160728-WA0013.jpg
    IMG-20160728-WA0013.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG-20160728-WA0012.jpg
    IMG-20160728-WA0012.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 20.jpg