My 2 vintage race Kart chassis elect. conversion winter projects.

KMEFA

Reaction score
Just using good quality # 35 chain ect. makes things roll pretty easy also. ;)

Last edited:

KMEFA

Reaction score
Haha yeah skip tooth sprockets aren’t uncommon on race karts, WMS makes some under the Tuck and Run product line. I might attempt some sneaky stuff like that on the Green Monster but I’ll have to be careful not to destroy sprockets...... cuz ahhh the engines probably gonna be a 15 HP 10K RPM monster....... shoot that was supposed to be a secret...... I guess you guys’ll find out soon enough what I’m talking about with my next YouTube video 😉
Are you really gonna get all that RPM's out of a modded 212,, if that's what you are building ??
Regardless,, you are going to have to do some pretty extensive valve train work ect. to ''try'' & keep that top end ect. together,, if you haven't already ..
From what I have read,, ''up to'' 8,500 rpm's is more likely do able for stage 3 + stuff.
That's still pretty impressive, if you can keep it from scattering ...……..
Will be looking forward to seeing what you have lined up & the end result. ;)

Added,,
I would be checking into ''latest'' info/tricks ect. on improving the oiling system,, with those high RPM's.
Lastly,,
what do you plan on using for oil?
We run Valvoline full syn. ''Syn power'' 10-30 in our stuff.

Last edited:

KMEFA

Reaction score
Got my pan dollied ,dressed,, spiffed,,, & installed.
Also made the 3 gang switch mounting & face plate.
Hope to cut off around an inch on the face plate outer edge for clearance.
Have to get the switches first though & configured,, to see how much I can remove.
100_6522.JPG100_6526.JPG

KMEFA

Reaction score
Reworked & modified the brake pedal, linkage,, plus MS pivot arm,,, to my liking,,, & pretty much have all that installed & set.
Still have to make an alum. bracket for the motor cut off/ brake light switch.
The bracket will be mounted between the MS & frame.
Will then be using a bolt going thru one of the MS arm holes for the switch contact to rest against, when the switch is closed.
100_6527.JPG
100_6528.JPG

KMEFA

Reaction score
Installed the new king pin bearings, & finish milled the urethane king pin spacer bushings.
Got that & the steering all done & pretty much set.
Also made the brake switch bracket.
Am getting the axel key stock today,, so I can button up all the hubs.
Will be getting the brakes done after that.
We ordered the 13s 4p packs yesterday also,, & will be ordering the motors & controllers ect. next week.
100_6538.JPG100_6543.JPG100_6540.JPG

KMEFA

Reaction score
Added,,
Here is a pic of how mine looked when I got it.
It's the one in front.
100_6407.JPG

KMEFA

Reaction score
Rear axel set up is pretty much done.
Got the brakes mounted & bled, but the MS started leaking , & have a kit ordered.
Painted the seat & reworked the seat mountings some more & got that all installed.
Seat installation was pretty tedious to get it right, as it has 5 adjustable mountings.
Also drilled & mounted the 3 gang safety switches.
Ordered the tires yesterday, & should see them in a few days ...
I
100_6555.JPG100_6553.JPG

100_6547.JPG

EpsilonZero

...still cheaper than a boat!
Reaction score
How much fun is it to mount those wide tires? I found my smaller ones annoying enough to switch to split rims.

KMEFA

Reaction score
How much fun is it to mount those wide tires? I found my smaller ones annoying enough to switch to split rims.

The rears are 6.5's & the fronts 5's.
They will be a piece of cake with mounting the type tires that we going to be using.
Key thing is to let the tires warm up real good outside in the sun ect. first, or by a heater.. ;)

Am guessing yours are pretty thick rubber ?

EpsilonZero

...still cheaper than a boat!
Reaction score
Am guessing yours are pretty thick rubber ?

I don't know how thick they are relatively, but they are super stiff (good enough for 40 and 50psi). The ones on there now are even stiffer than usual. I said, "screw this" and ordered split rims this last time.

KMEFA

Reaction score
40 - 50 psi,, am guessing those are ''at least'' 4 ply+.
They look like pretty stout tires, & almost about bullet proof. lol 🏹

I would definitely get those suckers warmed up the best you can, next time you mess with them.;)

The ones we will be running, are Carlisle ''2 ply'' Turf saver 2's,, that are pretty much for lawn tractors ect.

Fronts are going to be 13/5-6,, & the rears 15/6.5-6.

Probably run around 8 lbs. in them,, for best ride ect.

They don't have a lot of thread, as they were designed not to tear lawns up ect.,, so they ought to be pretty smooth running on the roads.
Carlisle-Turf-Saver-II-Tire.jpg

Oldguy1951

Oldguy1951
Reaction score
Rear axel set up is pretty much done.
Got the brakes mounted & bled, but the MS started leaking , & have a kit ordered.
Painted the seat & reworked the seat mountings some more & got that all installed.
Seat installation was pretty tedious to get it right, as it has 5 adjustable mountings.
Also drilled & mounted the 3 gang safety switches.
Ordered the tires yesterday, & should see them in a few days ...
I
View attachment 125572View attachment 125573

View attachment 125574
Ok, just found this thread! This kart is super sweet and you are doing a amazing job on it!