Status
Not open for further replies.

lemegacool

got boost? :)
Reaction score
must see... stupid go kart THE BEAST IS ALIVE!!! FINAL UPDATE + PICS + VID

hi
thi is my last creation...

the frame is a shopping cart, the engine a honda gx160 5.5hp with a 12 tooth clutch and linked by a no:35 chain to a 72 tooth sprocket. you can see a tractor exaust with cap a aluminium rear spoiler, mirrors and wings around the rear wheels. the brake is disc type ( it locks the rear wheel when pressed fully) . the spindles are homemade and work great. the rear wheels are bearing wheels that i converted to live axle wheels by welding 2 shaft collar to thems (see picture). you can see in one of the picture my homemade keyways, one for the disc brake and one for the drive sprocket. te front bumper is REALLY solid (i tested it by bumping it into our forklift ;) ) . in two pictures you can see how i linked the throttle cable to the honda engine (i had to tig-weld the little grooved rod to the throttle assy) and it works perfectly ! i think it's top speed is around 40 km/h (scary fast in a shopping cart)

i will try to post a video on youtube soon

enjoy!

Attachments

• panier profil.jpg
    panier profil.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 1,559
  • soud5.jpg
    soud5.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 545
  • direction finie.jpg
    direction finie.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 490
  • direction finie 2.jpg
    direction finie 2.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 560
  • disc sprocket.jpg
    disc sprocket.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 654
  • roue collet.jpg
    roue collet.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 577
  • linkage.jpg
    linkage.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 448
  • linkage2.jpg
    linkage2.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 594
  • panier devant.jpg
    panier devant.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 736
  • panier derriere.jpg
    panier derriere.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 600
Last edited:

lemegacool

Reaction score
no the total cost is 300.00$$$ the engine was given to me 6 years ago (it was not working but i repaired it) and i bought the other parts from princess auto and i took the metal from the scrap bins at the shop ;)

jr dragster T

Reaction score
:cheers2: Nice kart Im sure getting the shopping kart was 100% legal lol;) Did you get the keystock at princes auto? Cause I did and it was REALY sloppy

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
:cheers2: Nice kart Im sure getting the shopping kart was 100% legal lol;)

LOL I was thinking the same thing! :iagree:

Dude, ever since I saw one of those shopping karts a while ago I have wanted to make one :drool5:. Yours came out looking pretty nice! I envy you and your apparent endless availability of machinery in the background! LOL :thumbsup:

lemegacool

Reaction score
the shopping cart was laying around in the shop since 4 months so... i took it and:auto: and yes i took the keystock at princess auto and did not have problem with

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Awww man, I hate it when uninvited items walk into my garage! :ninja:

What is the seat made of? It looks like a piece of cardboard, or foam.

lemegacool

Reaction score
i hate theses things walking in my shop too but i deal with it :idea2: the seat is made of special foam made for seats (very confortable)

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
I think someone has already done that. I vaguely remember seeing a vehicle that had a toilet as a seat. I don't remember where I saw it though.

Oh Man!!!! I just did a quick search on google and found this:
http://www.pashnit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52

Scroll down and you'll see it. They got some other interesting stuff on there.

athif

Reaction score
all you gotta do is put 25 cents into the slot and the cart is yours :thumbsup:

Roy Vanas

demon since birth
Reaction score
i hooked a minni bike tripple tree to the back of a shoping cart with 20 in. bike tires & forks welded to the side....it was like pushing a trailor, every time i turned it wanted to jackknife! The next one will have a vertical shaft 12 volt electric start push mower engine with a pully tention clutch to a 3 speed w/ reverse differential axil & its tires(off old rider mower) all UNDER the basket!360 caster dollywheels in front with a single piviting drag wheel w/ seat to pull behind it ...id like to keep my basket so i can use it to pick up cans to pay for gas on my way to & from the beach!

Roy Vanas

demon since birth
Reaction score

This was too dificult to drive so i cut it up & turned it into other things

Status
Not open for further replies.