Modified Grand Daddy Build

Econdron

Reaction score
It’s just an inch or two taller tire. It will be fine with a 6:1 gear ratio.
In my previous post, I mentioned I added the FNR transmission which in itself has a 1:2 gear ratio. It has a 12T gear on it and my drive sprocket is 60T, so that would mean I have a 1:10 gear reduction, correct? I had to order another sprocket anyway because the transmission came with a #530 chain size sprocket with a splined shaft. I was having a really hard time finding a #41 replacement for that, so I just ordered a #530 sprocket with 32T. So now I'll have a 1:5.33 gear ratio.

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
In my previous post, I mentioned I added the FNR transmission which in itself has a 1:2 gear ratio. It has a 12T gear on it and my drive sprocket is 60T, so that would mean I have a 1:10 gear reduction, correct? I had to order another sprocket anyway because the transmission came with a #530 chain size sprocket with a splined shaft. I was having a really hard time finding a #41 replacement for that, so I just ordered a #530 sprocket with 32T. So now I'll have a 1:5.33 gear ratio.
With your tire size that might be a bit high. Really, really depends on how it's driven. Slower, torque based off roading is going to want a lot lower ratio than the 1:5.33. How tall are the tires? That will give the experts here a chance on gear ratio. You do have a big-block so that helps with torque.

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
You’re probably better off sticking with what you have then. You may still have to drop down to a 10 tooth drive sprocket.