KartFab
Active member
For those of you who don't know, Texas is ill-prepared for ice and snow (because we don't see much of it). We have had freezing temperatures and freezing rain/sleet. Yesterday I decided to drive through it all to pick up a kart.
The first two pictures are of the way there and back. Notice the overpass has completely frozen over, the black tracks are just ice. At nearly every major overpass there was evidence of accidents or accidents that had occurred with vehicles vacant.
The rest of the pictures are of the kart, which appears to be some sort of Manco Kart with a briggs and stratton engine (larger than a 5 hp I'm guessing 6.5? see serial # pic). The torque converter is a genuine comet, assymetric but one sheave on the drive unit seems to be completely flat. A place for mechanical disc brakes is there, minus the disc brakes. This thing has ZERO shocks, not even front spring suspension. Back tires are 22"
I have been conspiring to put a GX 390 on my long overdue build (see my other post to keep things seperate). It is working out well, and what I really like about this current find is that there is more room behind the seat and the axle has been moved back a few inches. I will be able to accommodate my other GX390 on this kart eventually. I will then take my 7 hp predator engine and put it on a 2 seater go kart of mine, then sell it for Christmas.
The engine has great compression, and probably just needs the carb cleaned out. The torque converter is rusted, and the plate furthest from the engine on the drive unit spins freely. I am willing to fix these up and sell them to recoup the amount I paid for the kart, but at the same time I really just want to sell 'as is' on ebay.
The end goal will be: I will be left with two GX390 1 seat go karts w/40 series torque converters and my little baja heat mini bike with 30 series torque converter. Then its on to making a smoker BBQ, taking a small break from karts next year until i find another one on Craigslist..... I need help, i think i have a hoarding problem.
The first two pictures are of the way there and back. Notice the overpass has completely frozen over, the black tracks are just ice. At nearly every major overpass there was evidence of accidents or accidents that had occurred with vehicles vacant.
The rest of the pictures are of the kart, which appears to be some sort of Manco Kart with a briggs and stratton engine (larger than a 5 hp I'm guessing 6.5? see serial # pic). The torque converter is a genuine comet, assymetric but one sheave on the drive unit seems to be completely flat. A place for mechanical disc brakes is there, minus the disc brakes. This thing has ZERO shocks, not even front spring suspension. Back tires are 22"
I have been conspiring to put a GX 390 on my long overdue build (see my other post to keep things seperate). It is working out well, and what I really like about this current find is that there is more room behind the seat and the axle has been moved back a few inches. I will be able to accommodate my other GX390 on this kart eventually. I will then take my 7 hp predator engine and put it on a 2 seater go kart of mine, then sell it for Christmas.
The engine has great compression, and probably just needs the carb cleaned out. The torque converter is rusted, and the plate furthest from the engine on the drive unit spins freely. I am willing to fix these up and sell them to recoup the amount I paid for the kart, but at the same time I really just want to sell 'as is' on ebay.
The end goal will be: I will be left with two GX390 1 seat go karts w/40 series torque converters and my little baja heat mini bike with 30 series torque converter. Then its on to making a smoker BBQ, taking a small break from karts next year until i find another one on Craigslist..... I need help, i think i have a hoarding problem.

Thats a ton of fun right there...... DIY strikes again...... 
Gran Pann, you got that for $80?? SCORE! That was worth a drive, as long as you dont plow down mailboxes en route..... 
