• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Kart runs now! (pics) (Ok fine, and movie)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oscaryu1

Reaction score
Thanks! Haha, well I get speed wobbles once in a while around (maybe 45?). It's not too bad, not alot of side to side motion, just alot of shuddering. It hasn't given yet, and the steering is so grippy I'll literally slide off the kart. Guess I'll need to weld some brackets on to stop me from doing that :D

I'm creating more engines as we speak. A Briggs 5HP, Briggs 3.5, and a Genuine Honda GX110 3.5. They should be purty fast :D

oscaryu1

Reaction score
For a second I thought you were hiding your nitrous in that can.:roflol:
If you are seriously thinking about going anything over 50, I'd look into a much more heavy duty kart. Like a used racing chassis.

Used racing kart = $200 tires, $100 chair, $200 in all those extras (chains, anti slip whatevers, sprockets...), $200-$300 clutch... yeah the list goes on and on.

Right now, that Max Torque clutch is holding up GREAT! There's no sound when engaging (but then again, the chain is VERY taut, pretty much perfect length). I plan on making some other karts when I finally get good at flux core welding. I'll probably use high speed bearings on those.

Problem now are the billet flywheels... I'm trying to adapt a Briggs Animal Billet to a Briggs 5HP.

Magice

Reaction score
How fast will it go.. GPS your speed or get a car to drive beside you :p

oscaryu1

Reaction score
Well let's just say I have rather strict parents. They'll do NO such thing :D

They don't even know it's a racing engine. All my dad knows it that it "makes more power than normal" :D

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
I don't know if it's just me, but if it does go that fast, doesn't seem like you were opening it up all the way? :confused:

newrider3

Reaction score
Set the camera down and make a couple laps in front of it. You'll get a way better video too. I've always hated first person kart vids.

oscaryu1

Reaction score
Haha, well we'll see! If I feel like gettin it started today, I'll take a couple of vids. Hopefully today or tomorrow. Me wants to weld some more :arf:

newrider3

Reaction score
Donuts! Do it, you won't.

I want to weld too, but I'm waiting for the JB to dry on my welder. I'm rigging a way to use a 10lb spool of wire instead of a 1lb.

oscaryu1

Reaction score
I've tried doing donuts before I started to modify my Clone.

Oh course it'll be pretty much impossible at the gear ratio I'm running right now...

ironman

I'm Back!
Reaction score
great job oscary i see you are getting that kart on the road its about time make sure you make a better clip of it next time .

Status
Not open for further replies.