• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Kart runs now! (pics) (Ok fine, and movie)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oscaryu1

Reaction score

Closer look? :roflol:

oscaryu1

Reaction score
<embed width="440" height="420" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://v4.tinypic.com/player.swf?file=20qnsch&s=4"><br><font size="1"><a href="http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=20qnsch&s=4">Original Video</a> - More videos at <a href="http://tinypic.com">TinyPic</a></font>

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
And just how are you gonna remove that fire extinguisher in case there's a fire? :arf:

It also doesn't seem like you have any sort of filter on the valve cover.

Good job otherwise! :thumbsup:

oscaryu1

Reaction score
Haha, it's not too tightly bound on, but tight enough that it doesn't fall off. I've timed myself, and in 3 seconds I have it off and the cap off ready to spray :D

Well, all that really comes outta there is a bit of oil mist and air. I might run it down to a catch can when I can find the appropriate tubing, but for right now, it's fine :D

Thanks Kibble! :)

I'm gonna be waiting a few weeks till I ride again. For starters, I need to get the seat on, and secondly, my arm's extremely sore from over-pulling it (in which I found out the idle was set too low... thus... ).

Either way, I'm mighty glad it runs!

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
:iagree: with Kenny, you'll get dust in there and damage something and we know how much work you put into that motor! You should remove the cover and inspect it before you do anything else.

oscaryu1

Reaction score
Thanks for the warning. I'll get to it ASAP. Everything under there looks fine though...

One thing I don't get, aren't the valve covers a pretty much a one way valve? Same thing as PCV valves, ect...

If that isn't true, why don't Briggs 2HP's breather tubes have a filter or such? It's just a breather and a tube that points downwards.

Anywho, I'll do the best I can.

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
One thing I don't get, aren't the valve covers a pretty much a one way valve? Same thing as PCV valves, ect...

If that isn't true, why don't Briggs 2HP's breather tubes have a filter or such? It's just a breather and a tube that points downwards.

Nope, as the valves are working, they're displacing air back and forth so air is going in and out.

I don't know how the Briggs 2HP's are built.

oscaryu1

Reaction score
Well, the breathers look like they work the same way. Like a one way valve, but a bit simpler...

oscaryu1

Reaction score
Nice! Post it up! Thanks :)

Took it for a spin again. It doesn't seem to run lean at all, just wants to idle high (still below clutch engaging RPM though).

I love its throttle response. It still has a fair amount of torque when climbing up the driveway.

Kenny_McCormic

Kartless....
Reaction score
If it will make 70+ mph put the body back on, add lights and use it as a car. A gatorade bottle with windows cut near the top with oiled socks zip tied on will make a fine breather/puke can.

oscaryu1

Reaction score
Haha, nice one! But seriously, at 8000RPM it'll do 51 or so MPH with my current setup. I'm planning on a much lower gear ratio. 16 teeth on the clutch (Norman GE) and a 60 tooth sprocket. I already have the chain and sprocket, just need that $60 clutch. With that setup, at 7500RPM I'll top out at 71MPH. At my burst 8000RPM, it'll do 76MPH.

Then who knows? Haha. The body and lights are definitely going back on. Neons, most likely. The speed? Pretty sure. I'll sacrifice torque and acceleration for top speed. After all, this IS a road kart. Once doing 70, you don't need torque or acceleration.

newrider3

Reaction score
For a second I thought you were hiding your nitrous in that can.:roflol:
If you are seriously thinking about going anything over 50, I'd look into a much more heavy duty kart. Like a used racing chassis.

Status
Not open for further replies.