I'm not sure why I did this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mammoth

Reaction score
I have an 85 TRX125 and it has become one of my favorite trail quads. This thing has faithfully hauled tons of mining gear out of steep canyons without ever missing a beat.
I wouldn't take my Polaris Sportsman on some of the trails this thing has seen. Being little has some nice advantages.

Jrgunn5150

Rudderless
Reaction score
I have an 85 TRX125 and it has become one of my favorite trail quads. This thing has faithfully hauled tons of mining gear out of steep canyons without ever missing a beat.
I wouldn't take my Polaris Sportsman on some of the trails this thing has seen. Being little has some nice advantages.

I have noticed people that have the little thing's just love them, but everyone on the Honda Forum told me to scrap it lol. Which only strengthens my resolve to hack together some kind of way to make it run, at least once before I chop it into a go kart.

Jrgunn5150

Rudderless
Reaction score
Parts started showing up today, pullstart and clone carb. I'm not hopeful I'll have the harness before the holiday (Labor Day)

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    302.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    378.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    367.6 KB · Views: 6

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
So what are you doing?

Fixing and Flipping?

Keeping?

Making the buggy?

I was looking forward to see it used as a transmission.

Jfive

Reaction score
Found a similar size atv at the scrap yard Thursday. Wanted to pick it up but not sure how much they will want. .10 a pound I'd guess. Only missing the seat.

Jrgunn5150

Rudderless
Reaction score
I'm going to make a buggy out it, unless it just runs so well that I can't bear to cut it up, which I doubt lol

Jrgunn5150

Rudderless
Reaction score
Found a similar size atv at the scrap yard Thursday. Wanted to pick it up but not sure how much they will want. .10 a pound I'd guess. Only missing the seat.

If this pit bike harness works on mine, I'll be sure to let everyone know. I think there are alot of older hacked up ATV's sitting around that can be saved.

Jrgunn5150

Rudderless
Reaction score
My wiring harness showed up today, I've verified that the throttle cable is too short to allow the slide to drop closed, so I'm just waiting on the slow boat from China with that on it. I'll probably go ahead and hook the harness up this weekend and see if I can get some fire even with the carb opened part way.

Jrgunn5150

Rudderless
Reaction score
Oh boy! A cool build, maybe. I don't know your history with builds. :popcorn: Hey! Enter the build off!

I'm incredibly slow lol. And unmotivated. Maybe next year when I'm actually ready. Or maybe I'll just get it fired and sell it lol.

Jrgunn5150

Rudderless
Reaction score
Well I am in front of a PC 8-14 hours a day lol. Unfortunately, it doesn't leave much garage time.

I recently had a run in with a neighbor that has me really feeling the need to be grinding at 10 am, since he's a third shifter...

Jrgunn5150

Rudderless
Reaction score
I like the sound of that!
Hammer the crap out of something too!

Dude was sitting outside on his porch at 11 pm when i went to pull my stepside into the driveway. He was wide awake, since he's a third shifter, just looking for something to ***** about.

I mean, the first thing he said was, "if I see that truck on the street without a plate again, I'm calling the cops". Kinda tells me where his heart was to start. Jokes on him, the truck is registered and insured, I just don't keep the plate on it lol.

I took two days off next week, if my 3/4 ton get's out of the shop, I'll probably go up and get some steel.

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Put the plate on it and park it in front of his house.
Put a loud exhaust on it and make many many trips in and out during his sleep time.

Jrgunn5150

Rudderless
Reaction score
Put the plate on it and park it in front of his house.
Put a loud exhaust on it and make many many trips in and out during his sleep time.

It's parked in front of his house now :wai: Even better? He doesn't have a driveway lol. So I parked the C10 and a trailer in front of his house, and my GF's parent's RV in front of mine, and there's nothing in my driveway, and he had to park around the corner.

Of course, he called the cops again, to tell them how mean I am lol.

Jrgunn5150

Rudderless
Reaction score
And the cops can do nothing! lol

This is precisely why I have 2 Acres.

Yeah, i need to move away from people. I honestly don't much enjoy playing this stupid game with this guy, I'd prefer he just leave me be, but people like him never do until you show them completely you can't be pushed around.

Status
Not open for further replies.