I guess this goes here, buggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrgunn5150

Rudderless
Reaction score
I'm going to check this out tomorrow, how to go all J.R. and make the leap from go kart to VW Buggy lol.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 20

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Cool that reminds me of when I was a kid. Now all the buggies are V8 Long travel "Sandcars"

Jrgunn5150

Rudderless
Reaction score
Cool that reminds me of when I was a kid. Now all the buggies are V8 Long travel "Sandcars"

Don't tell Bob lol.

The classic style is still pretty popular here in West Michigan, we have Silver Lake Sand Dunes and whatnot to run on. The hitch in my giddyup is that I am completely unfamiliar with these thing's. I have a lot of experience with alot of motorized thing's, but a VW is something I've never even looked at, as a 6'5 person lol.

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
A vw is easier to work on than a 212 predator. or at least as easy. They are actually really cool due to their simplicity. My first car was a 1969 VW Baja Bug.
But really everything is mechanical. Easy as pie. Tons of fun. I used to set the timing on mine by ear. then I had it checked with a timing light... dead on! Parts used to be dirt cheap and Abundant. At least in So Cal 20 yrs ago. air cooled VWs have a strong cult following.

Jrgunn5150

Rudderless
Reaction score
This is a basket case, one of those, "Everything is there" kinda deals.. I have no idea if it's there or not lol, it's not Merrican V8 like me :roflol:

My top dollar on this is 600 bucks, so we'll see.

Jrgunn5150

Rudderless
Reaction score
Here's another pic where the guy appears to have PAFR and thrown the engine in the passenger seat.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 24

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
It is the thread name. " I think this goes here" and then he dropped the engine in the seat!

Jrgunn5150

Rudderless
Reaction score
It is the thread name. " I think this goes here" and then he dropped the engine in the seat!

Yeah, usually basket cases are a win, but you gotta know the subject matter to judge whats missing, and what's junk. I'm hopinh to be able to check it out before work tomorrow, or this weekend.

It's been posted for 2 month's, so that say's something by itself.

Jrgunn5150

Rudderless
Reaction score
You guys are telling me, when you see an engine tossed haphazardly into a passenger seat, you don't think of FR?

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
Why would we? Does it have HF wheels on the front, NO SEAT, brakes or accelerator pedal?

FR probably had a blow out and smacked a tree....scrambling his last few working brain cells.

Jrgunn5150

Rudderless
Reaction score
Why would we? Does it have HF wheels on the front, NO SEAT, brakes or accelerator pedal?

FR probably had a blow out and smacked a tree....scrambling his last few working brain cells.

Probably. I won't know until the weekend though lol.

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
Well, the addition of a motor is a definite bonus. :wai:

...but a VW is something I've never even looked at, as a 6'5 person lol.

Since this thing is a quasi-Beetle, the relationship and geometry of the pedals/seat/steering wheel has been altered and you might be able to fit your brobdingnagian frame inside. If not, you can suit it to fit. Keep us posted--this is exciting!

All you guys talking about and not talking or thinking about FR means you have a special place in your hearts for him. It's sad.

Jrgunn5150

Rudderless
Reaction score
Well, the addition of a motor is a definite bonus. :wai:

Since this thing is a quasi-Beetle, the relationship and geometry of the pedals/seat/steering wheel has been altered and you might be able to fit your brobdingnagian frame inside. If not, you can suit it to fit. Keep us posted--this is exciting!

All you guys talking about and not talking or thinking about FR means you have a special place in your hearts for him. It's sad.

I'm going to look at this one this weekend. I've also been informed that my local drag strip is having a "Bug Run" and swap meet in a couple weeks, so I should be able to find something before too long.

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Reaction score
I've been away for a while..... I will assume you guys are talking about Cameron? 😂 I don't remember his screen name, just something to do with birds..... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.