How to fix your shaft

Master Hack

Reaction score
And now back to our regularly scheduled programming….

Naughtagator made its first test run today. The new setup performed flawlessly. Motor and gearbox ran perfectly. the shaft repair/extension performed without a hitch. The little 3 Hp motor produces more than enough power, thanks to 24:1 gearing no doubt. Top speed won’t set any records, but is more than enough for the job.
I was alone during the final preparations and extensive trials, so no pics, no cheering crowds, no tickertape parade, just a lonely trip back to the shop for disassembly and paint.

Master Hack

Reaction score
Just FYI, my confinement at the mental institution has been exclusively in this ward.
Those were some pretty dark days, things look better now. Projects are running and moving to different parts of the institution.FD5B6FA1-6B25-4119-9E14-A2A455C54726.jpeg

Master Hack

Reaction score
It got kinda busy before my diagnosis, but its better now that l get treatment.
Improvements have been made to storage and projects moved as they become operarional. I can even find things now! But that pile of tubing in the corner keeps calling….

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Just FYI, my confinement at the mental institution has been exclusively in this ward.
Those were some pretty dark days, things look better now. Projects are running and moving to different parts of the institution.View attachment 134885
It’s like Disney land for big boys! Glad to hear your disease is coming along nicely now where’s my crayons!

Willie1

Reaction score
Actually it seems to be 2 hands.
If you were replying to my pic - no, just the left hand. Only thing still flexible on my 64-year-old carcass is my hands. I can wrap my fingers over the knuckles on either hand. Hard to take a pic with both hands wound up LOL

Master Hack

Reaction score
Wow! Good thing yer still a kid! When you achieve seasoned citizen status in a few years, joints stop working and get replaced with titanium. I totally get the non flexible issue. Unfortunately l don’t think they have metal knuckles. I always get wanded at the airport now!

Master Hack

Reaction score
now where’s my crayons!
No crayons here, but I'm considering a thread on how to make tin foil hats. There is a right and wrong way. Just not sure how much interest there is. After hanging out here and reading this stuff for a while, I think everyone might already have it handled!

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
No crayons here, but I'm considering a thread on how to make tin foil hats. There is a right and wrong way. Just not sure how much interest there is. After hanging out here and reading this stuff for a while, I think everyone might already have it handled!
Thanks! I just spit Dr Pepper all over the dog. He is giving you a finger right now. Guess which one?
I could use a refresher course on making tin foil hats. I’m getting a bald spot on my head from having to duct tape it on all the time.