How Cool is This? (First Place Winner)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bighead

New member
Messages
4,022
Reaction score
54
Location
Pacific Northwest USA
Well We all went to the parade today. We made the whole route with no problems. My Nephew won first place on the Yerf Dog I fixed up for him. Just a few days ago the kart was trashed. I was able to bring it back to life.

He won first place from about 75 ATV's and motorcycles class. He was blasting his music horn and horn the whole way. After seeing him take first I was a very proud Uncle. Before he had this kart he always just had to watch. Not anymore, Whats funny is he keeps asking everyone if they want to race. People just keep telling him that his kart is way to fast to race him. LOL

Here is some pics of the rides at the staging area. The last pic is the Bighead with my Nephew.

Oh ya. My other Nephew bike was running bad. So I tossed the little guy in my sled Ody. At parade speed he did perfect. I just follow all them on my little GT80. Look how small he looks inside that Ody. The kid was happy as all hell to ride it. He already knew the controls from riding his brothers Ody wheeled go kart.
 

Attachments

  • CIMG5316.jpg
    CIMG5316.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 40
  • CIMG5317.jpg
    CIMG5317.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 40
  • CIMG5318.jpg
    CIMG5318.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 43
  • CIMG5319.jpg
    CIMG5319.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 102
  • CIMG5320.jpg
    CIMG5320.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 45
  • CIMG5328.jpg
    CIMG5328.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 28
  • CIMG5327.jpg
    CIMG5327.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 45
  • CIMG5322.jpg
    CIMG5322.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 38
  • CIMG5321.jpg
    CIMG5321.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 33
  • CIMG5329.jpg
    CIMG5329.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 51

bighead

New member
Messages
4,022
Reaction score
54
Location
Pacific Northwest USA
thats great. maybe i should enter my yerf-dog in parades? what happened to the three wheeler?

Thanks guys,

My fault, He only had a day to learn. So we just tought him first gear. So today riding to the staging area I did not notice he was riding in first gear for about 2 miles.(I forgot he only knew first gear as well) I was on the Ody so I could not hear him. When we got there it was leaking oil. I shut it down. Then it started to get hard to pull. Then stuck solid for good. I got a good parts bike with good engine. I will have it up and running soon. So ya my fault.
 

bighead

New member
Messages
4,022
Reaction score
54
Location
Pacific Northwest USA
the engine blew because he held it wide open in first for too long?

Yep, pretty sure thats what happend. We were going about 15 MPH for a few miles. I had no clue he was doing that for I cannot hear anything with that sled pipe right next to my head. He did not even know there was another gear. So I am at fault on this one.
 

bighead

New member
Messages
4,022
Reaction score
54
Location
Pacific Northwest USA
so is the motor blow or just locked up?

Saw oil dumping out as he came to a stop. After looking at it for a minute I gave it a pull. It was getting tight with every pull. Until it just locked up.

Not really an engine guy and could not hear anything. But I think he blew it. Lots of oil was coming out.

Notice the music box under the steering. Also the LED's flashing got him the reward. he was blasting Yankee Doodle and Rocky when the judges came by. Along with the Handicap kid factor. But the music box and LEDS really did put him over the top from the others. And ya it's prety loud. Every time he takes off he pushes the charge on the box.
 

Attachments

  • CIMG5323.jpg
    CIMG5323.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 14
  • CIMG5324.jpg
    CIMG5324.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 14

Orange Krate

Active member
Messages
1,117
Reaction score
14
Location
North Texas
Wish they had stuff like that in my town.

It was my dream as a kid to ride a go-kart in the Bonduel, Wisconsin annual 4th of July Parade but in never happened.

Glad this guy got to live my dream! I live vicariously through him:wai:

I doubt you had to ask him to smile for this one!
 

B man

Tecumseh FTW!
Messages
2,490
Reaction score
3
Location
Oliver springs,Tn
try putting some oil in the spark plug whole. let sit awhile and then work with it. sounds like it just locked up from lack of oil. blown gasket maybe. but as long as it didn't blow then its perfectly savable. but if your not going to save it then how much would you want for the engine?
 

bighead

New member
Messages
4,022
Reaction score
54
Location
Pacific Northwest USA
try putting some oil in the spark plug whole. let sit awhile and then work with it. sounds like it just locked up from lack of oil. blown gasket maybe. but as long as it didn't blow then its perfectly savable. but if your not going to save it then how much would you want for the engine?

I have another engine. So I will keep this for parts. I have not even had a chance to even look at it yet.
 

bighead

New member
Messages
4,022
Reaction score
54
Location
Pacific Northwest USA
really? i thought all old ATVs or bikes from around its time were 2-strokes.

Nope Honda ATC 70,90,110,185,200,and 250 are 4 strokes. The ATC250r is the only 2 stroker I know of.

Yamaha made a the little 2 stroke Tri-Zinger though. I think itis a 60cc. Here is one I got running for my other nephew. You can see it in the pics above as well.
 

Attachments

  • SDC11092.jpg
    SDC11092.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 5
  • SDC11094.jpg
    SDC11094.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 4
  • SDC11099.jpg
    SDC11099.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 3

Bluethunder3320

New member
Messages
5,677
Reaction score
38
as long as the rod is in tact you can hone the cylinder and get new piston and rings. but may be able to just buff out the piston.

EDIT: id love to get that thing going... ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top