Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe-405

Enjoying New Projects
Reaction score
I've had good luck with their elcheapo heat gun.

And I've used their recip saw to where it wore it smooth out. Lol. Was still working after I might add.

pRoFiT

Can't buy it?, build it!
Reaction score
predator on sale! coupon! Good through november!

Attachments

• predatorsale.jpg
    predatorsale.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 9

Kartorbust

Reaction score
They only thing not complete garbage I've bought from there was a 25' tape measure. Seems to have the same quality as all the others, from the big box stores, except my magnetic tipped one.

Will never buy a C-clamp from them again, or anywhere that has China forged in it. Had one snap in half, while opening the pistons on a Suburu Outback brake caliper. Seems like it was poorly forged, or was made from pot metal.

A designer knows he has achieved perfection, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
California only???
No idea. Thought those were 50 state Compliant, while the hemis were only 48 state.

A designer knows he has achieved perfection, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Yeah I've seen that lately on my coupons. It's strange, cause before it stated 60363 was not for sale in California. Maybe it's a typo?

supermanotorious

Winchmaster 5000
Reaction score
I have several C clamps from HF, have used them extensively, some have bent a little so the screw doesn't meet the stop in a perfect line and I've only broken 1 of them, I'll probably continue to buy them

Will never buy a C-clamp from them again, or anywhere that has China forged in it. Had one snap in half, while opening the pistons on a Suburu Outback brake caliper. Seems like it was poorly forged, or was made from pot metal.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
I have the 160 amp inverter tig, and it has been a trooper. About 6 years old now, and I weld A LOT.
Does that have Hi freq start? I know their cheaper one is scratch start only and did it come with foot controls?

pRoFiT

Can't buy it?, build it!
Reaction score
I dropped my hf 170amp! Bent the side a little. But still works good. Took a beating and is running good.

Flyinhillbilly

The great cornholio
Reaction score
Does that have Hi freq start? I know their cheaper one is scratch start only and did it come with foot controls?

Self starting. The black ones come with foot pedals now, mine is the blue one before foot pedals were included.it was about $500.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
I'm going back and forth either buying a Chicago Electric TIG or Hobart TIG. Guess it'll depend on which I can get ahold of first. If you can oxy weld, you can tig.

supermanotorious

Winchmaster 5000
Reaction score
for me, TIG welding aluminum is really why I bought that machine, the 210MP could weld steel but I want to offer my product in TIG welded aluminum, SW200 seemed like a low priced name brand TIG machine, I did recommend to my professional TIG welding friend who is starting to build his home workshop that he check out the HF 240V TIG machine

Jfive

Reaction score
I'm going back and forth either buying a Chicago Electric TIG or Hobart TIG. Guess it'll depend on which I can get ahold of first. If you can oxy weld, you can tig.

I have a AHP200 ac/DC hf start tig and its been good for almost 2 years. Has a good warranty and price. I've used my 80amp harbor freight as a scratch/lift tig though before I had the ahp. Worked good for up to 3/16 steel.

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
Try to keep up

I'm just making sense out of the senseless and explaining the shorthand.

There is no engine with item #68121 on the HF site (a search ties it to the 69727 EPA/CARB), so there would seem to be three total 6.5 hp Predators.

One engine is for California (EPA/CARB) and two are for the rest of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.