GX500 build

Flyinhillbilly

The great cornholio
Reaction score
I couldn’t resist a test fit with the stock wrist pin since I knew there was only .005” difference, and it seems that I won’t have to wait for the reamer set to know what rod I need after all. It looks like it’ll be a stock length rod, and the piston will be going for a ride in my larhe.1A9A7DB8-AE94-4B72-9CF8-EFEBB7C3CD1F.jpeg

Flyinhillbilly

The great cornholio
Reaction score
The head is on its way to North Carolina to spend some quality time with Johnnie at Laid Back Racing.
He’s built several heads for my unlimited karts, and I’ve always been very happy with the results.A1E4DA7E-290D-4FA5-BD26-B28FA6016A8D.jpeg

Kartorbust

Reaction score
So what kind of rpm you going to be seeing out of this realistically? You going to be able to raise the overall gear ratio because you have more torque to work with? This is just purely insane, hopefully you won't have any troubles staying out front of the pack.

Flyinhillbilly

The great cornholio
Reaction score
So what kind of rpm you going to be seeing out of this realistically? You going to be able to raise the overall gear ratio because you have more torque to work with? This is just purely insane, hopefully you won't have any troubles staying out front of the pack.
According to the math on mean piston speed I should be safe at 7500.
You’ve nailed my whole reason behind doing this with the RPM. My thought is that if I can make enough torque that I won’t have to rev the engine nearly as much, so it should last better.
I blew up 3 really nice small blocks this year and I believe that it was because we have to turn them 9-10k rpm to get the job done.

Functional Artist

Reaction score
Will this ultra custom engine still "qualify" for the kinda racing that you do? :unsure:
...or are ya building this BEAST just ta see if ya can
...&/or ta see if "it" will work
...&/or ta see what "it" can/will do
...&/or is it just for fun"? ;)

Your first "test ride" should be interesting :popcorn:

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Will this ultra custom engine still "qualify" for the kinda racing that you do? :unsure:
...or are ya building this BEAST just ta see if ya can
...&/or ta see if "it" will work
...&/or ta see what "it" can/will do
...&/or is it just for fun"? ;)

Your first "test ride" should be interesting :popcorn:

If I recall, he races in the Unlimited series, so just about anything goes.

Flyinhillbilly

The great cornholio
Reaction score
if its turning at 7500 rpm making probably around 50hp ish i think you shouldnt have a torque issue your gonna have to gear it to go stupid fast and its still just only gonna spin LOL
I’m going to say 60+ on horsepower. I run a blend of 75%methanol and 25% nitromethane, and the fuel makes quite a bit of power on its own.
I’m thinking there will be a lot of throttle control involved in driving this one effectively.

Budget GoKart

Aka a kenbar
Reaction score
at this point the motor has as many ccs as some twins do. also since you two are the ones to ask if i where to do a high torque vtwin mower engine would two smaller carbs that are linked together make more torque and power with a long intake? or the stock carb with no governor?

Kartorbust

Reaction score

Flyinhillbilly

The great cornholio
Reaction score