• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Guess what I picked up yesterday for FREE!!!

Texan

Senor Member
Reaction score
I was always skeptical about Slime, but it proved me wrong. It made my riding mower OEM tires last 10 years. Living on land with a lot of Mesquite trees, which produce big thorns, it was inevitable to get flats often, especially with the amount I use it.

Here is what many years of Slime accumulation looks like on one of my mower's original tire when I finally changed it out due to sidewall cracking.

I was surprised on how easily it washed off. Just a blast from a water hose washed it all off the rim really quickly, didn't even stick to my hands either.

A quick hit with the wire wheel got the loose paint off, then a coat of rattle can paint and the rims where back in business.

If you do Slime, be sure to buy the big jug, especially for tires of that size.

20190709_190145.jpg

20190709_191548.jpg

20190709_194323.jpg

Austin_Gore

Reaction score
we have a lawnmower that has had slime in the tires for 4-5 years and i took the tires and rims off and swapped them out with a bigger set of rims and tires then took the original tires that were on the mower took them off the rims and then i put them on my go kart and they still don't leak

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

and there was no clean up on the rims

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

and i plan on buying a new battery

Karts of Kaos

the many mowers guy
Reaction score
ok. sorry. basically what he said was that you should use tire slime on road and multi seal for off road. do't use fix a flat or tire but tire ject is so,so.

Solomonster212

High Compression Member
Reaction score
Tire slime is not a good idea. I can show you pics of what that does when it comes time to change the tire. Smells like **** and fungus and sticks it to the wheel.

Austin_Gore

Reaction score
When i go to get tires which should I get left or right(Iḿ probably going to be doing a lot of road riding and drifting/donuts and I don't want to tear up grass so my parents dont kill me probably going to do a lot of ¨mudding¨ with the tires that are on it now until I need new ones) i am also going to put the suspension at its softest/lowest level for more stability

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-03-24 at 23.08.26.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-03-24 at 23.08.26.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot 2020-03-24 at 23.08.04.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-03-24 at 23.08.04.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 5

anickode

Reaction score
If you've never ridden a quad before, the last thing you need to be doing is drifting and donuts. Not to mention these quads aren't built for that. They aren't meant to turn at high speeds on hard surfaces... it's just not a sport machine. You're going to end up with a wrecked quad and a wrecked body.

A street tire will render it useless for doing atv stuff. The tread pattern on those SUNF tires is a great all around pattern (same pattern, different brand as JD uses on Gator UTVs) for off road use, and they wear pretty decent on hard surfaces.

Just stay safe man.

Austin_Gore

Reaction score
ive driven all sorts of atvs

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

used to do racing then we moved up here and i never started back again

Austin_Gore

Reaction score
Ok so we have a slight problem... i lost my key:mad2::censored: Is there anyway that i can start it without the key
P.S. I don't want to cut any wires

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

I lost the key somewhere on the 14 acres of hillside that we have and i just got inside from looking and cant find it

Solomonster212

High Compression Member
Reaction score
Pull the ignition unit. The one you put the key in. Look at the wiring diagram and you should see which 2 wires need touching together. You might be able to ark them with a flat tip.

Austin_Gore

Reaction score
So I found this on google(See below) and I´m thinking about doing it and where I cut the wires i was going to put some ¨Bullet Terminals Wire Connectors Female & Male Bullet Butt Insulated Waterproof Electrical Connectors" so that I could plug and unplug the wires as needed. I will post a screenshot of a diagram that I am about to make so that y´all can understand better what I am saying because I'm sure I sound pretty confusing right now.

This is my preferred method to starting an ATV without the key. Most ignition switches will only have two wires going into it. On wire is sending power in, and the other wire sends power to the electrical box if the key is inserted. Telling the machine that it’s ok to start.

Simply remove the ignition switch from the equation. You can disassemble the switch or just cut the two wires leading to it. Be sure to leave enough slack in the wire just in case you want replace the ignition switch later on.

Now connect the two wires and your electric start should work like always. Remember to connect the wires on the side leading to the engine not the side leading to the ignition.

You have to remember to disconnect the two wires when you’re done riding or you’ll drain the battery dead. I would recommend you put a simple switch here in place of the ignition, a simple on/off switch will work perfect.

Some of the newer quads have more than two wires coming out of the ignition switch, not to worry. A lot of times there will also be a ground wire or something like that. The two wires you should focus on are red and black. Cut those two wires and tape them together. Make sure you tape together the ends of the wire leading to the engine not to the ignition.

You may also see a black with white stripe and green wire. These two wires are shorted together when the key is in the off position. You will need to open that short by cutting the black with white stripe wire and tapping off the end.

Once the black with white stripe is cut and taped, and the red and black wires and spliced together and taped. You should have power to your quad as if the key was turned on. You can use your normal electric start and everything the way it is.

Austin_Gore

Reaction score
I rode the big bear today!!!!! It runs good it just cuts in and out trying to do full throttle in 4-5 gear what is the problem here?? lack of fuel??

Austin_Gore

Reaction score
if anyone was wondering/keeping up with this i ended up picking the lock which is surprisingly super easy then i used the pull start and got it going and i think it was cutting in and out because i left the choke on?? maybe idk ill experiment with it today since its friday right now lol 1:35 in the morning unable to sleep thinking too much let yall know how everything goes

Austin_Gore

Reaction score
ok so i ran it with out the choke on and it still did it can someone help

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

please