got 2 electric scooters

Status
Not open for further replies.

gvfc2

wishing i was living
Reaction score
haha ok i guess ill get it. only problem is i would need to get a new rear rim. its currently set up for a belt. unless i could install a jackshaft

gvfc2

wishing i was living
Reaction score
its a split hub and the pulley is actually part of the hub. but i will look at it alittle later. when i go out to get pics i will take it apart

its a chinese scooter btw

gvfc2

wishing i was living
Reaction score
yes the belt pulley is a part of the rim. i didnt get the size ill go do that now. ill take some pics so you can see the scooter. from what i read on it its a ripper brand i think thats what it said

got some pictures. the wheel size reads 200x50 looks to be 10 inch in diameter

beansdaddy78

Reaction score
Im thinking its also the batteries. I will check everything tomorrow. I got a question about what type of engine to use. I know a 2 stroke would be better than a 4 stroke. But what size and brand? Thats kinda cheap
i got a tecumseh 2.7hp 2stroke that runs, let me know if you think it would fit and work with your set up, also have a clutch for it

beansdaddy78

Reaction score
nice looking scooter would this be a good engine?
that looks like the motor i got on one of mine, people tell me that its not a 47 or a 49 but its a 43cc . they told me it was mismarketed

supposedly you can tell by the way the fins go around the head, i cant see the head percectly clear but it looks like the fins on mine and my motor is the smaller 43cc that was sold as a 49cc

gvfc2

wishing i was living
Reaction score
how much for your engine? could i get a vid of it working?

i know not the best. not talking about quality. but you can get the gist of it the yellow one im keeping electric

Attachments

• CAM00149.jpg
    CAM00149.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 2
  • CAM00150.jpg
    CAM00150.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 4
  • CAM00154.jpg
    CAM00154.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 5

gvfc2

wishing i was living
Reaction score
yes its 5/8 sorry for the late reply. have you been able to find anything yet ML-TOYS?

gvfc2

wishing i was living
Reaction score
its fine. know any place else to find some? i guess my next best bet is to go to HF and get a 10inch rim and wheel

augidog

Reaction score
you can also explore using friction-drive parts as an easier route than mixing and matching wheels & sprockets & whatever. you can find ready-made clutches & rollers that'll bolt right on to these engines.

and just so you know:

nice looking scooter would this be a good engine?
that 47cc engine comes with a bowl carburetor and requires a gas-tank that's higher than the engine for gravity-feed. you can buy diaphragm conversion kits, but they will double/triple your final cost.
cag_47cc.jpg

the other style, 22cc-49cc, uses a diaphragm carby, and you can place the tank anywhere. you can also get versions with an attached tank.
img-engine102-sml.jpg

for reference only, not a recommendation, just a good look at your options:
http://www.partsforscooters.com/All-Parts/22cc-49cc-2-Strok-Engines

PSA: it's my small-engine opinion that what you're looking to do can be accomplished with as little as 22cc, especially if you have an eye open for legal & social tolerance. be mindful that gas motorized bicycles have become illegal in WA because of abuse, you wouldn't wanna let that happen to scooters too.

gvfc2

wishing i was living
Reaction score
PSA: it's my small-engine opinion that what you're looking to do can be accomplished with as little as 22cc, especially if you have an eye open for legal & social tolerance. be mindful that gas motorized bicycles have become illegal in WA because of abuse, you wouldn't wanna let that happen to scooters too.

no i would not want them to become illegal.

so a 22cc will be able to get me going close to 20-30mph?

Status
Not open for further replies.