gokart Fxr 180

Status
Not open for further replies.

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Reaction score
If it where me, I would lower the current tank to just below seat Height to avoid any fuel spill/slosh. Then add a pulse pump.....

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Reaction score
No, just kick start that bad boy for now. Turn on the ignition , then kick away.... It should fire right up if wired up correctly.....
The kick starter is the back up for when your starter doesn't work, or a dead battery......

OzFab

Reaction score
Umm, one quick question/point: The larger sprocket usually goes on the axle; with your current setup, I feel the engine won't provide enough torque to even move the kart. However, being unfamiliar with this particular engine/trans, I could be wrong but, may be worth investigating...

Also, I'm not sure your brakes will provide sufficient stopping power...

well, I like my balls more than head :p

You can live without the family jewels, can you live without your head? :lolgoku:

karte_m0lim

Birds Aren't Real
Reaction score
Usually yes, but check post #12 , there I put some calcualtions of top speed.
There should be enough torque cose on this engine instead originaly 13" wheel I put 40 tooth sprocket and on gokart axle is 28 tooth sprocket... Just trying to compesate replacing 13" wheel with 5"...
Hope you got my point...

About jewels and head, lets hope all will be in one pieces :p

Brakes, I have hidraulic callipers but this disc is too fat so. Will try to find or new disc or new callipers...
Also, for all on 4um, sorry for my english, hope that you can understan what I wrote...

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Reaction score
Dude, you make perfect sense.... You got enough grasp of "our" English that I'm sure no one has a problem reading and understanding what you write..... :thumbsup::cheers2:

OzFab

Reaction score
There should be enough torque cose on this engine instead originaly 13" wheel I put 40 tooth sprocket and on gokart axle is 28 tooth sprocket... Just trying to compesate replacing 13" wheel with 5"...
Hope you got my point...

Yep, I know exactly what you're saying but, what was the sprocket config with the 13" wheels?

Good, cose my english is much better if I can use arms and legs :)

If you're saying what I think you're saying, :roflol::funnypost::funnypost::roflol:

karte_m0lim

Birds Aren't Real
Reaction score
there was no sprocket on original config...

on this type of engine wheel is directly on axle like on pict:

so, instead big wheel I put larger sprocket ...

zbuck

Reaction score
No return line needed. You only have the fuel line with a pulse pump in the middle somewhere . That has a line for a pulse (suction) from a vacuum source on the engine, like the manifold. It only pumps what you need..... :cheers2:

:wai: You will need to put a check valve inbetween the tank and the carb, to keep the fuel from draining back to the tank when you shut the engine off.

OzFab

Reaction score
Sorry but, this has been bugging me, I keep going over it in my head, trying to make sense of it & once I saw the pics in you last post, it all made sense & I think I see where you went wrong; your calculations are flawed:

sprockets on engine side is 40 and on gokart axle is 28 tooth, ratio is 1.428...

To find a drive ratio, you must divide the number of teeth on the driven sprocket by the number of teeth on the drive sprocket, you did it the other way around:

You divided 40/28
You should've divided 28/40
so, your drive ratio isn't 1.428:1, it's 0.7:1, which is the same as fitting an 18" tyre to the original scooter; yes, it will have a higher top speed but, it'll struggle to move at all...

karte_m0lim

Birds Aren't Real
Reaction score
Are U sure?
Cose, when big sprocket makes one turn, smaller should done 1.4 turn...
If I put 1:1 ratio sprockets and smaller wheel than original 13", I should go slower than bike itself...
On old kart with same engine I got 13 tooth on engine and 21 on kart axle and I go 15 km/h...
So , been there and did mistake :p

OzFab

Reaction score
25 years in the auto industry says I'm 110% sure; look at it this way:

For most karts, we suggest a starting point of 6:1 drive ratio, which means the engine will turn 6 times for every one axle revolution.

Applying the same principle to your kart, the engine won't turn one full revolution before the axle does...

karte_m0lim

Birds Aren't Real
Reaction score
All respect but engine itself go max 8000 rpm but wheel will only do 1200 or 1400 and I use that axle...
13" wheel on that axle on 1200 rpm run bike to 108 km/h...
Like I said, if I use 1:1 ratio then I'll go slower than bike cose I have 5" wheel...
So I need to speed up kart axle..

karte_m0lim

Birds Aren't Real
Reaction score
It just wont start...

Change spark plug, carburator, overide kill switch...

Once looks like it will start and that is it...

There is spark, spark plug is wet, fuel is new...

Will try with old carb and spark plug...

Wait for this 4 fu***** years ... :(

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Reaction score
Hey buddy, try adjusting the carb first! :thumbsup: See that screw? No, not the idle screw. That one right there.... It's the air mix screw..... Turn it in (gently)all the way. Now look at the direction the slot of the screw is pointed. Unscrew it 1&1/2 turns. That should be a good base point. You might have too much fuel...... Easy fix..... :thumbsup::cheers2:

40coop

Reaction score
may be better if it wont start if that frame is made from water pipe! just sayin

Status
Not open for further replies.