gokart Fxr 180

Status
Not open for further replies.

karte_m0lim

Birds Aren't Real
Reaction score
Thanks, but already was playing with that screw.
Sound of engine is monotone, like no spark....

About tube, its not water pipe protected with Zn , i do not know how you call it, but literaly translation is: black seamless pipes...
Kart looks weak after front wheels, but that is for chassis flexing and better conering.
In Eureope, we like to turn left AND right :p

karte_m0lim

Birds Aren't Real
Reaction score
Just little add...
This engine had poor cold start so thats why I put new carb cose new one has choke...
But still...
If nothing, I'll go on top of the hill and crash down while making brm-brm sound...

karte_m0lim

Birds Aren't Real
Reaction score
found problem. ignition spark was fired in wrong moment couse wedge on magnet was broken and ignition point was moved by 45 ° ...

I manage to make new one but was too soft so it is broken again ..

so need to buy one. photos at monday... ;(

40coop

Reaction score
It looks like there are threaded elbows in the pictures. Water pipe is very soft and not as ridged as tubing, and it has a tendency to brake near a weld. If it is galvanized pipe its worse. That's what I'm saying.

karte_m0lim

Birds Aren't Real
Reaction score
Yes, there is few 90' pieces, but still it is not water pipes, its industrial iron tube, for welding.
It was easier to stick 3/4 pipe in 1" and weld than cuting on strange angles round tube to round tube.
Is there difference in expression tube and pipe?

40coop

Reaction score
my mistake

sorry about the mix up on the water pipe issue but seeing the elbows I assumed it was water pipe. Moving on I would like to say that tubing is more ridged and will hold its form better than soft water pipe. I had a home made kart once made from water pipe and after riding it for a period of time on rough ground it started sagging like a sway back horse. We had to reweld it a lot because it would brake next to the welds. Thanks 40coop

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Reaction score
Just little add...
This engine had poor cold start so thats why I put new carb cose new one has choke...
But still...
If nothing, I'll go on top of the hill and crash down while making brm-brm sound...
I love this guy! :thumbsup: I could actually picture him doing that, dressed in full safety gear!!! :thumbsup:
Right behind you buddy, right behind you..... Except ill be making the "Errrrrrrr" sound of spinning tires then vroooooooom.......
Beat ya to the bottom....... Go!:cornut:

karte_m0lim

Birds Aren't Real
Reaction score
Hi guys, glad to entertain you :p

in last week I did nothing.

found what cause problem for not firing up .

this little piece of ... metal was broken ...

luckily axle is not damaged (too much).

so I used old spanner and made new one ..

this piece of .. metal is 5 * 3 *12 mm ...

so now I have to move strarter back on left side of engine , between engine and seat.

it's gona be hard to make it because I tried to keep everything tight to centerline ...

I am really in temptation to rush down hill.. got one 4 km long, should be fun... but wife wont pick me up on bottom with truck ..

Attackofthisclone

Reaction score
I love the fact that you thought "screw this, I dont want to buy a race type kart IM GONNA MAKE ONE" I think you have done a marvelous job so far. Keep up the good work!

karte_m0lim

Birds Aren't Real
Reaction score
thanks man, but for this money I could buy pretty good go kart and drive around ...
it is pretty expensive here.. sow in other s topic that you can buy engine for 99$ .. that would cost here at least 1 000 $ ...

one screw 8x50 mm is 0.12 $ ...

karte_m0lim

Birds Aren't Real
Reaction score
Wohooo!!!!
Finaly start the engine and do 2 km...
No videos, was too exited...

But problems... As i returned starter back to engine left side, there is only 5 mm left between rotating starter and seat and my ribs...
Have to move seat ( and then pedals and steering to left) or engine, mounting points for engine, exhust, sprocket on axle to right...
Also have some bottoming and strange pulling to left...
Brake is very poor so have to change it as well..
And finaly, some watter leaking from top radiator...
And throttle cable stuck on full so have to kick pedal few times to idle...
But all in all, i am so high woooohooooo....

Status
Not open for further replies.