Full Suspension Big Block Mini-Buggy Build

SquidBonez

Reaction score
Been doing some test riding before I finally paint it to make sure there's no welding left to do. After throwing a chain I decided to add a storage bin to the side to bring extra chain/masterlinks/tools with me in case of a breakdown. But the biggest addition is a spring loaded adjustable chain tensioner.
20240328_181609.jpg
20240328_181619.jpg
Not only do I have the slots in the engine plate for adjustment, I now have this spring loaded tensioner to actively tighten the chain as it wears. The tensioner itself also has multiple spring/idler wheel positions to allow for different spring strengths/sprocket sizes. Obviously you still need to keep an eye on you chain, but this at least will take up the slack that happens between adjustments. Hopefully this prevents any future chain-related issues. And if not, I have my storage bin to hold my tools to make any on-the-go repairs.

Master Hack

Reaction score
That will help a lot. What is the blue material? I made one outta 90D polyurethane, but it wore out quickly. Then i switched to an idler sprocket. End of problem. Don’t underestimate the required spring tension.

SquidBonez

Reaction score
That will help a lot. What is the blue material? I made one outta 90D polyurethane, but it wore out quickly. Then i switched to an idler sprocket. End of problem. Don’t underestimate the required spring tension.
Some sort of high density plastic. Got it off Amazon. As for the spring tension I believe it will be enough, but if not i have multiple holes to allow for different size/length/strength springs. Gonna try this one first because I had it on hand.