Frankindrift

Status
Not open for further replies.

landuse

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
18,798
Reaction score
602
Location
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
Thank landuse. How do Iuse multiple quotes?

You use the button I have posted below. You click on all the posts you want to quote, but the last one you then click the quote button. So, if you want to quote 3 posts, click the multi post button for the first two (the button will go red), and then the quote button on the third. If you click the red multi post button again, you unselecting it

Easy as that.
 

Attachments

  • 2012-11-16 04-18-46 PM.jpg
    2012-11-16 04-18-46 PM.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 93

Amped

New member
Messages
180
Reaction score
0
Location
Port St Joe, Florida , U.S.A.
I haven't had much time to work on the kart but I got a little done. I've been stripping the old paint off of small parts and re-painting. I'm still waiting on some parts for the engine so I can rebuild it. If I have time tomorrow I'm going to cut off and re-weld the spindle arms for correct ackerman. Then I'll start on the frame, rear hubs, and rims.

Here is the finished steering wheel minus steering tape that is on order.

Before
SDC15473.jpg
Spacer before
SDC15474.jpg
After
SDC15510.jpg
Spacer after
SDC15511.jpg

I replaced the old hardware with stainless since the old ones were striped and rusted ( natures locktight ) .

What is the best way to paint female tie rod ends so not to get any on the ball?
 

Doc Sprocket

*********
Messages
15,677
Reaction score
151
Location
Ontario, Canada
Looks fantastic! Steering tape? That like hockey tape?

Rod end- with a fine paintbrush, "paint" the areas that you do NOT want painted with a light coat of vaseline, grease, or similar. Spray part, let dry. Wipe greased areas off with rag, Q-tip, etc. Sweet and easy. Just be careful not to get grease where you DO want paint.
 

Amped

New member
Messages
180
Reaction score
0
Location
Port St Joe, Florida , U.S.A.
Looks fantastic! Steering tape? That like hockey tape?

Rod end- with a fine paintbrush, "paint" the areas that you do NOT want painted with a light coat of vaseline, grease, or similar. Spray part, let dry. Wipe greased areas off with rag, Q-tip, etc. Sweet and easy. Just be careful not to get grease where you DO want paint.

Thanks . They make steering wheel tape ( http://www.amazon.com/Joes-Racing-13600-Steering-Wheel/dp/B005EM89XO ) I've also used baseball bat tape before too so hockey tape would work . I think baseball bat tape will be ok for a go kart steering wheel. I had to split the back of the foam to remove it.
SDC15486.jpg
I put it back on to maintain the thickness the tape will hold on give better grip and look good. I love it when things work out.

Thanks again . I thought of using grease just not the paint brush.:roflol:
 

Amped

New member
Messages
180
Reaction score
0
Location
Port St Joe, Florida , U.S.A.
Finally got the rest of my engine parts on xmas eve.
SDC15566.jpg
Now I just need the time to work on it. I also got a new flux core welder
SDC15569.jpg
and used Hobart arc welder. I can't use the hobart since I don't have a 220v outlet to use, for now. I will post a pic the Hobart when I get one.
Tomorrow going to fab new spindle arms and put a rolling chassis together. If I have time. The plate is full and the sides keep coming, lol
I found this piece off a suzuki watercraft .I thought it would look just right.
SDC15574.jpg
Toss in some stucco mesh, a little scrap metal and temporary zip ties.
SDC15575.jpg
SDC15576.jpg
I made 2 little brackets and welded them in. I didn't heva the right hardware so vip ties for mock up . It has a cut out in left side for a key switch. I'll put a key switch for the kill switch . Anyone know how to remove the big suzuki decal off the front without damaging the plastic?
 

cumminsbayou4x4

New member
Messages
829
Reaction score
3
Location
fairhope alabama
i didn't know Suzuki made jet skis i have a tiger shark with one in it but the hull was made buy tiger shark whats the deal with the outboard motor in picture number 4
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top