Frankindrift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pocketrocket

New member
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
Location
Small town in Louisiana U.S.A
Asphalt ,sand and sand/clay mix for now. I'll be moving back to north Georgia as soon the house sales.I will not be taking it to the dunes. You need paddle tires and power to spare to play there . I'm thinking dirt road drifter. The DRs here are sand/clay mix . That would be a fun thread. video of the places we ride.

Yeah you took the words out of my mouth, i was about to say if your riding it in sand your going to need paddle tiers
 

Amped

New member
Messages
180
Reaction score
0
Location
Port St Joe, Florida , U.S.A.
Mock up

Borke down the old axle with a little help from my trust short track speed wrench. Cleaned and sanded and reasembled with the parts for Frankindrift. This is a mock up to get some idea of how it will look.
 

Attachments

  • sand drift kart_0821.jpg
    sand drift kart_0821.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 14
  • sand drift kart_0822.jpg
    sand drift kart_0822.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 13
  • sand drift kart_0823.jpg
    sand drift kart_0823.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 12

Doc Sprocket

*********
Messages
15,677
Reaction score
152
Location
Ontario, Canada
Excellent. They are fantastic engines, I'm sure you will enjoy the heck out of it when done. I'm still kicking myself for selling mine. But, you know- progress and all that!
 

Amped

New member
Messages
180
Reaction score
0
Location
Port St Joe, Florida , U.S.A.
Excellent. They are fantastic engines, I'm sure you will enjoy the heck out of it when done. I'm still kicking myself for selling mine. But, you know- progress and all that!

I know what you mean all to well . The banshee I wreck in february had about 5 grand of engine work done to it. It was a monster. The engine survived mostly intact . Maybe $500 in repairs need. It still ran. I sold it because I didn't think I would every get to ride anything again . I wish I had It to put in a buggy now.:oops:
 

Amped

New member
Messages
180
Reaction score
0
Location
Port St Joe, Florida , U.S.A.
I"m trying to decide on a paint scheme .

Black w/red accents . like the A-team van .
OD green w/ black accents and ARMY logos. I was ARMY.
white w/red accents and honda logos
blacked out w/ red bumper . KIT (Knight Rider)
I want the paint to be fun not just paint
What do you guys and gals think . If you have any cool ideas I'd love to hear them . On another note I ordered rebuild parts for engine today. Its about time to get started with the real fun.
 

machinist@large

Active member
Messages
2,865
Reaction score
33
Location
West Michigan, 49331
I"m trying to decide on a paint scheme .

Black w/red accents . like the A-team van .
OD green w/ black accents and ARMY logos. I was ARMY.
white w/red accents and honda logos
blacked out w/ red bumper . KIT (Knight Rider)
I want the paint to be fun not just paint
What do you guys and gals think . If you have any cool ideas I'd love to hear them . On another note I ordered rebuild parts for engine today. Its about time to get started with the real fun.

The A-Team van; you'll need some serious costume jewelry if you want to be true to the part (it was B.A's van).

Army colors; pick and choose what pleases you, and knock yourself out. It's YOUR RIDE, who's to tell you you're wrong?

White w/ red; skies the limit. (See above).

KIT replica; somewhere, someone has to have a basic schematic for how to wire a row of red LEDs together to add the icing to the cake.

What ever you decide, have fun with it!!!:thumbsup::cheers2:
 

Amped

New member
Messages
180
Reaction score
0
Location
Port St Joe, Florida , U.S.A.
Until i get some parts and supplies I cant do much. The old steering wheel foam grip turns hands black and it leaks black muck that stains anything it gets on . In an effort to save some money I going redo it.
SDC15473.jpgSDC15478.jpg
I cut foam on the back so I can reuse it to maintain the diameter of the wheel . After I paint it I'm going to use racing tape over the foam.
SDC15486.jpgSDC15488.jpgSDC15487.jpg
I decided to modifie it. I used some old bolts as end caps.I didn't get to finish. It started raining. I did get to mock up though.
SDC15489.jpg
SDC15490.jpg
SDC15493.jpg
SDC15492.jpg
SDC15491.jpg
The bolts around the hub are allen head and were striped so I cut them out. I'm going to replace them with stainless for look and durability . I'm going to try and get bolts, primer , paint and tape tomorrow. Also have to make some spacer for bolts to replace the plastic ring spacer that was on it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top