Franken buggy is getting paint

Master Hack

Reaction score
I’m sorry that is clasified information. That is only known to participants in the festivities in the shop. If you desire that info, you’ll need to be here to participate. We can find a wrench that will fit your hand. Hurry we’ll be done by the weekend.

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
I’m sorry that is clasified information. That is only known to participants in the festivities in the shop. If you desire that info, you’ll need to be here to participate. We can find a wrench that will fit your hand. Hurry we’ll be done by the weekend.
Hmmm... you think you could fly me across the States? I'll gladly test drive!

Master Hack

Reaction score
I needed to change the spring rate on the rear, so a little suspension change at the same time.
I built another pair of Hackmaster 12” coilovers and relocated the mounting point.
Everything is wrapped up! Tomorrow fuel er up, put the wheels on and fire it up!

003FE646-5643-47A4-8001-7AB9B259C6C4.jpegBB524759-1C75-4457-81D2-E5AF4A127958.jpeg

Bansil

Painter of gnomes....
Reaction score
Looks great!!

A little late to the party BUT...do you have a multimeter? Get it out and put it on ohms and touch both leads to the aluminum panel.

Do you have continuity or not?

Why do I ask? Because if it has continuity then it is NOT anodized and will corrode with water damage fairly quickly, like 6 months so you would need to clean and clear the panels.

If no continuity than you are GTG and they are anodized EXCEPT where you cut/drilled sanded etc.

Just a friendly tip to make it look good for a long time :thumbsup:

Master Hack

Reaction score
OK this thing is FINISHED! Since I got nothing more on this subject, this will be my last post on this thread. We will now return you to your regular programming. Maybe I put a pic in the "finished projects" thread...

And why won't pics on this computer load like the others???
Edit: it has to do with file size!

D75_0031.jpegD75_0029.jpegD75_0030.jpegD75_0028.jpegD75_0027.jpeg

Last edited:

panchothedog

Reaction score
Looks absolutely GREAT. How 's she running with all your complicated STUFF
back there? That long gravel road the kart is sitting on, is that your driveway.
Living in a southern California tract home I am so jealous of some open roads like that it's almost Criminal.

panchothedog

Reaction score
Good thing you got those pictures to post. You know without them we were ready to accuse you of making the whole thing up.
No, really that thing came out so nice. For a home built project you are one heck of a Craftsman.

Master Hack

Reaction score
Looks absolutely GREAT. How 's she running with all your complicated STUFF
Thanks for that compliment! I'm purdy happy with how she came out. The engine runs great! I set the timing at around 28-30 degrees BTD, best I could guess. She starts instantly, but unfortunately I couldn't give it my big right foot on the skinny pedal. The TC belt is not right, and that created an interesting situation as it would engage and disengage rapidly providing a pulsing sensation in the drive train. I need to order a smaller belt and I think all will be fine. As for the rest of the machine everything works well, it has the classic push/understeer situation due to the solid rear axle, but other than that, no real complaints.

Master Hack

Reaction score
For a home built project you are one heck of a Craftsman.
Well, thank you, that makes my day.
The story is I saw one very similar to this and took some pics, went home and decided i would try to build one like it. The goals I set were to NOT buy anything that could be made here, and have a fun reliable buggy for the grand kids to play with and be something differrent. It was a year and a half in the making, but I think I succeeded. Hopefully the little guys will think of me as the cool grandpa when I check out...

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
Well, thank you, that makes my day.
The story is I saw one very similar to this and took some pics, went home and decided i would try to build one like it. The goals I set were to NOT buy anything that could be made here, and have a fun reliable buggy for the grand kids to play with and be something differrent. It was a year and a half in the making, but I think I succeeded. Hopefully the little guys will think of me as the cool grandpa when I check out...
That is undoubtedly the best homemade buggy I've seen. The paint, tires, big butt shocks and tires make it incredible. I'm in a kinda suburban area so I'm a little jealous of that gravel road too. Incredible job, will you adopt me as your Grandkid?

Bansil

Painter of gnomes....
Reaction score
Love it!! and as for long gravel roads? Typical driveway is 350'+
It is amazing that 23 years ago we had like 6 houses and 4 churches within 5miles, now? Lots of rich folk have moved into our county, we went from 12,000 to almost 25,000 in 3 years...we can not wait to start building trails to ride on....no more animals on the farm so we will be the animals on the farm;).

Figure we can put a bunch of trails, a lunch spot at the creek and a lookout over Doe Valley on top of the ridge etc....

I especially love the central lift point on the buggy, very convenient (y)

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
Love it!! and as for long gravel roads? Typical driveway is 350'+
It is amazing that 23 years ago we had like 6 houses and 4 churches within 5miles, now? Lots of rich folk have moved into our county, we went from 12,000 to almost 25,000 in 3 years...we can not wait to start building trails to ride on....no more animals on the farm so we will be the animals on the farm;).

Figure we can put a bunch of trails, a lunch spot at the creek and a lookout over Doe Valley on top of the ridge etc....

I especially love the central lift point on the buggy, very convenient (y)
Dang rich people. They move out to the country to get away from city problems and them with 'em. It's not all bad, but small towns are nice. New trails are exciting!