With side engine karts, you'd simply move the seat (off-set a bit further) to achieve a perfect R/L balance.
Thanks anderkart, i will look for some numbers stamped in the frame. I was thinking of putting the engine behind the seat instead of on the side, i think i will just leave it where it is since it is all setup and runs great. Hard to tell with the frame welding, some good welds and some heavy boogered welds. hahaha I will post up some closer frame pics of welds etc.
The frame does look well built atleast.
I could be wrong, but your kart really looks like it might be a vintage, Enduro racekart. (possibly a Margay!)
Hard to tell, i will look for some numbers stamped into the frame somewhere. Sanding down the frame for priming and painting right now.
I cant see much detail in your pics, but:
Do all the welds/bends look really nice, or kinda home-made?
Is there any brand-name, or numbers stamped into the frame anywhere? (look-closely & everywhere)
It might be worth quite a bit of money if its a vintage racekart, unless you start cutting/modding it... Then it would instantly loose any value in might have in the collector-kart market.
I think i will not change any of the frame until i now exactly what make the go cart is, just in case it is a valuable go cart and old.
Having the engine on the side like that is a very good thing, It gives you more leg-room and transfers much-more of the engines weight to the front tires, where you need it for better turning ability! That's why they stopped building racekarts with rear engines way back in the early 1970's... Its a bad design feature.