Mammoth
Active member
I just picked up a Ford Transit van so I can travel with multiple vehicles. I like the idea of having an electric full suspension kart so I can explore dirt roads in the forests and not disturb the wildlife.
Since the kart is going to fit into a van it has to be on the smaller size. I saw a Zyliathor kart and thought one would be perfect for my needs. It can be ordered in several different versions of gas or electric. I wanted a little more power with a lot more range than offered. So I decided to order a Zyliathor clone 63cc gas version off Temu and convert it to electric.
The total for the kart was $640, and it arrived in a crate. I had low expectations on quality, but that didn't concern me because I planned to upgrade most of the parts anyway.

Upon assembly I noticed they used soft rubber plugs to center the a-arms which is probably fine at 18 mph, but not going to suffice at 70 mph. In order to remedy this I milled some steel inserts to press into the tubing.


I cut the steering handle off and mounted some regular handlebars.


The two short rods on the rear 4 link are mounted to the front of the axle housing which can cause the axle to roll under acceleration or braking. It would be better if there mounted to the top of the axle housing.

Decided to fix it while I'm upgrading all the parts.

Built some adjustable tie rods in the process.

Since the kart is going to fit into a van it has to be on the smaller size. I saw a Zyliathor kart and thought one would be perfect for my needs. It can be ordered in several different versions of gas or electric. I wanted a little more power with a lot more range than offered. So I decided to order a Zyliathor clone 63cc gas version off Temu and convert it to electric.
The total for the kart was $640, and it arrived in a crate. I had low expectations on quality, but that didn't concern me because I planned to upgrade most of the parts anyway.

Upon assembly I noticed they used soft rubber plugs to center the a-arms which is probably fine at 18 mph, but not going to suffice at 70 mph. In order to remedy this I milled some steel inserts to press into the tubing.


I cut the steering handle off and mounted some regular handlebars.


The two short rods on the rear 4 link are mounted to the front of the axle housing which can cause the axle to roll under acceleration or braking. It would be better if there mounted to the top of the axle housing.

Decided to fix it while I'm upgrading all the parts.

Built some adjustable tie rods in the process.

Attachments
Last edited:











