Ct200u ex upgrade advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
I still stand by what I said. You are running a massive risk of screwing up your engine by bypassing.
I would highly recommend that you remove it ASAP.
But it's your engine, so it's your choice.

Revwhop

Reaction score
My 2019 model Ct200u ex has 19" tires. 16mm output shaft. 10 tooth clutch, 20 tooth js in, 10tooth js out, and 50 tooth sprocket.

So I forgot the extended chain. The omb riser lifts and moves motor forward. So the chain now about 3" short will have to get one longer. I knew I needed longer just forgotten while ordering The stock exhaust won't fit even with all shrouds removed. I have header pipe. But I thought I'd check. Waiting on one more piece for intake. I'm gonna go get chain tomorrow. So I may be lucky an have it ready to go for the weekend.

Side note I picked up used Baja for $200 It has some upgrades needs oil change,chains oiled, bolt tightening. But Runs and idles good With the old gas. These little motors are tough.

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
Dude my coleman ct200u has had the gov bypassed and hits 45 before valve float and thats maxed if you do it wrong kabooom.

You are not understanding the reason for not bypassing the governor. It has nothing to do with reaching valve float to limit damage. The problem is that the governor internals are still inside your engine because it has been bypassed. With the engine now turning over so fast, there is a likelihood of those internals coming loose and dancing round the inside of your engine causing some sweet and long lasting damage. They might even pop out the block to say hi.

You will be called out each and every time you try and advocate bypassing the governor. It is irresponsible, stupid and dangerous. Like JTSpeedDemon said...its your engine, so your choice.....but you will not tell other people to do the same. This forum is all about doing things in a safe way.

Revwhop

Reaction score
Finished up exhaust. Just need to wrap it up. May yet add support bracket will see. I had to tweak header to get it where I wanted it. Didn't get the chain today was too busy. And Still have to finish intake side but it's almost did. You can see the air filter tucked up underneath seat it will be getting support

Attachments

• IMG_2155.jpg
    IMG_2155.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2153.jpg
    IMG_2153.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2154.jpg
    IMG_2154.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2150.jpg
    IMG_2150.jpg
    400.5 KB · Views: 7

Revwhop

Reaction score
Flyinhillbilly send that list over. I'm going to build kart when I find decent frame for decent price. . I only need to win by a little bit and I don't believe others will spend much if any on their bikes. But I have acquired a new addiction with these mini bikes. so maybe I need a crazy fast bike for those times I wouldn't mind a hospital bill.

Revwhop

Reaction score
To remove Unremovable jet I just tapped t15 torx bit into it an spun it on out put the tube and 37 jet in. Got it all back together and I'm gonna run **** out of it tomorrow so will see how it does against dads bike now. It's sure to sound better than his. Now It sounds like something that's is meant to be ridden and not a pressure washer.

Attachments

• IMG_2158.jpg
    IMG_2158.jpg
    274.4 KB · Views: 5

Revwhop

Reaction score
Bike now running 43.2 mph 3700rpm. I’ve seen 3840 but wasn’t running gps. Satisfying top end With plenty of low & mid power. This throttle linkage is poo. I’m not in control of throttle. It is more like i request for throttle plate to be moved. I think I’m going to remove governor and it’s linkage. just so I can have proper control of the throttle plate. Or is there a way to keep functional governor but have more precise throttle control.

Revwhop

Reaction score
I got intake figured out for most part. Hopefully slightly increased air restriction doesn't call for jet downsizing.
I like that It gets my filter out of harms way and hopefully minimizes mud and water getting to it. It may need braced but that shouldn't be to hard if needed.

Could I opt for heavier shock oil to make them stiffer or is they even serviceable?

Attachments

• IMG_2196.jpg
    IMG_2196.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2195.jpg
    IMG_2195.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2197.jpg
    IMG_2197.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2193.jpg
    IMG_2193.jpg