• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Crashes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mead_hall

Reaction score
Coming home from work on my 94' Honda CBR900rr. There is a spot that I always do my wheelies. So I turn the corner, straighten out, lift the wheel and everything is good. I decide to push my limit somewhat and lift it higher. I feel Im in the sweet spot when my foot slips off the peg and I hit the ground face (full face helmet) first and Im sliding down the road on my belly at roughly 60. Being somewhat out of it, I put my hands down to stand up and start tumbling end over end. I was still going like 20 or 30 at this point. As Im flipping I can see my bike still doing a wheelie, setting down then falling and sliding into a curb. I come to rest sitting down looking forward and very dizzy. I got up, lifted the bike and rode it down my street to my house.

Moral is, wear your gear!!!

lemegacool

got boost? :)
Reaction score
l0lcakes.

What's really funny is trying to see my friends "ride" my scooter :D

They're used to those mini scooters with a -250 watt motor and you have to go WOT and go down a hill at the same time to move :D

1500W + 48V + 8:1 gear ratio = Uberfail :)

lol same thing with my 800w 36v beercase... it can throw ANYONE on their back... that e36 motor is powerful as hell!

oscaryu1

Reaction score
Lmao, he crashed the scooter so badly both bolts somehow worked their way out and it completely knocked the chain off?!

(Actually he was getting dragged by it... only bad thing about twist throttles xD Once you're moving and your hand's still on, TWISTTT :D)

lemegacool

got boost? :)
Reaction score
Lmao, he crashed the scooter so badly both bolts somehow worked their way out and it completely knocked the chain off?!

(Actually he was getting dragged by it... only bad thing about twist throttles xD Once you're moving and your hand's still on, TWISTTT :D)

you should get a hall effect thumb throttle... i'm sure i saw some on tncscooter.com

modelengineer

Lord of the noise
Reaction score
It's a little sensor that trips when a magnetic field comes near it. It's used in some ignition circuits to sense a magnet on the flywheel. No idea how you'd incorporate that into a throttle though...

The actual hall effect is the slight voltage induced in a piece of metal/silicon in a magnetic field.

jr dragster T

Reaction score
It's a little sensor that trips when a magnetic field comes near it. It's used in some ignition circuits to sense a magnet on the flywheel. No idea how you'd incorporate that into a throttle though...

The actual hall effect is the slight voltage induced in a piece of metal/silicon in a magnetic field.

Ohh ok cool. Maybe its some sort of accurate hand throttle?

Status
Not open for further replies.