• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Crashes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
Post your awsome/painfull/funny crash storys here. Feel free to post pictures of the carnage!:rolleyes3:

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Reaction score
My friend flipped my kart... Over 40" wheelbase 4" off the ground at 30mph, no idea how he did it.

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
I have 4 good crashes under my belt.(great driver arent i)

1. I was getting off my freinds mini bike, my glove got caught on the twist grip and opened it wide open. I tryed to grab it but i fell it took off and my wrist got the spinning tire burning me and riping up a patch of skin.

2. I was drifting around a muddy corner on a 2 stroke yamahaa blaster. I hit a rock or ditch or something. I fliped into a ravine covered in thorn bushes the atv lands on top of me. I had To push it off and pull it out of the ravine myself while my brother laughed.

3. For some reason the same blaster wouldnt want to start after its warmed up so we would always pop the clutch by towing behind a yfz 450. well i didnt have enough room to shift so we were turning and of course the freaking thing starts up when im in first not relizing it i hit the freaking sensitive electronic throtal while trying to turn.while attached to another atv. i did a barrel roll and when i got to the end of the tow strap it flung me 10 feet and i rolled and got up then fell down cause i was dizzy. once again my brother was laughing at me while willie fliped the atv over.

4. my brother was riding a 2 stroke ktm i forget what it was exactly but it was rainy and he is use to riding a atv so he takes off trys to turn so he doesnt go in the woods it slips he hits the front brake hits a log with the front wheel and then does a front flip with the bike in a thorn bush.

I just remembered 2 more that ill post later.

lemegacool

got boost? :)
Reaction score
i only have two crashes at this time, both involving my shopping cart

1- i was riding in a trail and there was some big bumps, and the way i built my steering shaft allowed it to disconnect from the botom pivot if it was pulled up... soooo i took a big bump, pulled the steering, steering disconnected, then without ANY steering i went on a BIG bump (all of this running at like 25km/h) i flew in the air and then crashed the cart on the side... lol the engine kept running and there was a big cloud of white smoke coming out of the exhaust...

2- i was on a gravel trail doing some heavy drifting (god i love disc brakes:wai: ) and once i just pressed the brakes at the wrong time and it went like driiiiiiiftCRASH!!!(on the side again) was funny as hell, this time i cracked the right mirror on it lol

goob

Reaction score
ok, so i was riding my yamaha pw80 up to the neighbors, and the neighbor was running a lil way back behind me. so i hit the back break kinda hard and was waiting for him to get caught up. i decided i would show off some and gun on it just to be cool i guess..lol. sooo i threw it in 1st gear and hammered the throttle hard...unfortantly my break hadnt let go yet...i never knew why but either way...it basically held the power for about 2 or 3 seconds and then it just gave way with me still sittin ther tryin to find out what was going on...i ended up face facing the ground because i got scared and just freaked and never once thought of lettin the whole thing go haha. im so glad i had my helmet on...considering i was slammed HARD...sooo yeah. no scars broken bones or anything. i am really fortunate lol

Kenny_McCormic

Kartless....
Reaction score
I hit a tree with my dingo once, the new spindle I made broke and I lost steering. Luckily this was back when the brakes still worked so I want going that quick. Then there was the time I clipped a tree with the front end and did a 180@20mph.

jr dragster T

Reaction score
Only crash that my kart was in I wasnt even driving it. My go kart with the modified GX200 was in my garage and one of my old freinds shows up and the usual (Cool kart bro) Anyway I tell him he can sit in it but DONT touch the gas pedel. He sits in it the first thing he does it slam the pedel WFO. I go to start it up later in my garage not on a stand and the thing takes off across the garage at WFO and hits the chairs all over (Soft landing kinda) then the tires start spinning on the floor and I run over and shut it down. No damage done-To the kart atleast cant say the same for my freind.

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Reaction score
What you gotta tell your non mechanical friends that dont understand what not to do is "you can sit in it and make vroom vroom noises, but dont touch anything".

To add to my crashes, i hit a tree... backwards..on a lawnmower haha. I was cruising up into my woods and there was this little narrow path on the side of a steep slant, one tire slipped off the i ended up sliding backwards down the hill into a tree with a beehive in it, had to wait a whole day for my lazy dad to come pull it out with his deere.

irelandbiker

Reaction score
before i had a seat for my kart i placed a plank of wood across it and my clutch was toast, i was in the woods one day and hit a bump, i broke my wooden plank and me arse rubbed along the ground till i hit a tree sending me balls into the steering wheel

dpaxson

Reaction score
i also had a wooden seat split when I hit a bump. luckily I didn't slam into the steering wheel...I just dragged my @$$ on the asphalt

l0ll00l

Reaction score
I've been fortunate enough to have only wrecked my mini-motorcycle once.

It had rained that morning, and the roads had dried up for the most part, so I figured I'd hop on the bike and cruise around the neighborhood streets a bit. Everything was working great! No problems with anything on the bike, and I was pretty darn excited that I'd finally worked all the kinks out of it, and had a reliable neighborhood cruiser! So I'm riding along, and a couple seconds before approaching an intersection I decide I want to turn there. I hit the brake to slow down a bit before leaning into the turn, and the front tire(a skinny 26" bicycle tire) loses traction. Bike fell over on its side, with my arm and leg underneath it, and slid about 15 - 20 feet, crushing my ankle and tearing up my arm. Went to the doctor, where I found out I'd fractured my ankle.
Learned a couple of lessons. 1. Don't ride a motorcycle with a skinny bicycle tire on it. 2. Don't take turns on wet pavement going 30 MPH. :oops:

Picture of the arm(also posted in my other thread)

Pellethuntr2

Machinist
Reaction score
Me and a friend of mine decided to do wheelies on my mini bike and well he did all right but when I went to do it I fliped the thing backwards and almost lost it...no to bad didn't really get hurt.

anderkart

Reaction score
Once I was riding a dirt bike across an old barb wire fence that had fallen down. I was going like 50mph and a couple strands of wire caught hold of the bike and instantly stopped it launching me right over the handle bars. The next thing I knew I was skidding along some soft sand on my knees. After I came to a stop, realised I wasnt hurt and saw that I was still holding both handle bar grips I just laughed my a$$ off.

Another time I was riding a street bike following my buddy's down a closed street after having a few too many at the bar... They had one of those cords with the triangle safety flags ran across the street to stop traffic. My buddy idled up to it in first gear, reached out, lifted it up and rode right under it without stopping. As I tried to do the same and grab the cord, it caught my bikes windshield and started stretching the cord and going up my fairing. I made a couple more grabs for it but missed. At that point it finally flipped on up over the windshield, snapped back like a catapult catching me around the neck yanked me right off the back as my dresser continued on another 10 feet or so before finally listing over on to its crash bars and stalling. I wasnt really hurt but I ended up with a really righteous scar across my neck for serveral years, everyone called me "Hang-em-high" for awhile there.

crazycart

RedNek Engineering
Reaction score
I have many-a-crash story....Nothing too major but that doesnt mean it didnt hurt or leave a mark....

A few weeks before summer ended i wiped out hard riding a KDX200 and separated my shoulder...Going around a corner too fast....now where my collar bone meets my shoulder it bulges out a good 1/2 inch...Lucky i was wearing a helmet (always do) cause my head bounced off the cement like track...

When i had my golf cart going with the 340 kawi twin the throttle stuck wide open(no kill switch) .. 40 yr old brakes aren't gunna stop a 40 horse sled engine so i had to ram the bastard into a tree....

Fell on my a.s.s a few times wheeling too high on just about all of my toys....

jr dragster T

Reaction score
I *Almost* flipped a RM250 we just rebuilt this summer. The thing wouldnt start with the kick start and we figured she was just a little dry so I put the bike in 2nd and get it rolling realy good and let the clutch out to hill start it. Thump Thump Thump, RINGGGG YINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG stood right up all I could see was the sky. Luckily I pulled the clutch in and hit the kill switch in time. Turns out the low speed is REALY lean/something is up with the carb.

oscaryu1

Reaction score
l0lcakes.

What's really funny is trying to see my friends "ride" my scooter :D

They're used to those mini scooters with a -250 watt motor and you have to go WOT and go down a hill at the same time to move :D

1500W + 48V + 8:1 gear ratio = Uberfail :)

Status
Not open for further replies.