• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Corona beer virus

Austin_Gore

Reaction score
The only time I wash my hands is when I take a shower.
I'm hardly ever sick.
I lay my sandwich down on the hood of my bugg when we are out wheeling. Pick it back up with greasy hands from pulling a hub apart....

Gotta eat dirt to keep the immune system up.

This is so me once i was eating a pb&j and it fell out of my hands and came apart and both the peanut butter and jelly sides landed face down and i was like ehh oẃell picked it up put it back together and finished eating it:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Karts of Kaos

the many mowers guy
Reaction score
yeah, sorry not me. my sister likes goats and our neighbor has some so, my sister plays with them and the comes home and smells like goat. so I ask her to wash her hands there for I have to too. or else I am a hypocrite.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
On the upside, GoPowerSports is still open for online orders at this point. Glad they are on the outskirts of DFW and not in Dallas. Just heard all nonessential businesses have to be shut down in Dallas.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200323-222610_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200323-222610_Chrome.jpg
    446.6 KB · Views: 9

Kartorbust

Reaction score
So does every company in the US. On the upside, some of their stuff is made in the US and not just China.

mckutzy

Reaction score
Im just going to put this here... Hopefully itll lighten up a bit of the solemn moods we've all been in lately...

From Canada to our southern brethren in the USA, South Africa to Germany, Croatia to Australia, and everywhere in-between.... Were all in this together....
Stay safe, be safe, stay home, check into your neighbors, friends/family... All of course, do the best you can....

Quarantine Quarantine.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3xpRZITi2w

Karts of Kaos

the many mowers guy
Reaction score
my neighbors came over the other day but two days alter he found out he had the virus so I have been exposed.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
On the upside, gas is dirt cheap in most places. Paid $1.69 at Sam's club, diesel at this one is like $1.64 or so per gallon. Haven't seen gas this cheap oh since before the 2008 crash. Some areas are below $1.00 per gallon, which I haven't seen in 20 years.

mckutzy

Reaction score
A $1 a gallon.... crikey....
Right now down the way its $.89/L... and thats amazing for here...

Weird times....

Flyinhillbilly

The great cornholio
Reaction score
Well, we are prepped, got 3 gallons of gas, beer, dawgs, buns, chips and condiments, oh! and the grill and propane....hitting the lake for some social distancing 80* baby...

I’ve exercised both generators and filled them up with the 15 gallons of fuel they’ll hold, I have 30 gallons of fuel in jugs, plenty of pellets for the grill, both freezers are full, 15 gallons of fuel for my two outlaw karts, and I’m staying away from everyone.
I don’t think that it’ll come down to needing all of that, but if it does, I’ll be really happy that I was prepared. We’ll burn the fuel, we got it cheap, we’ll eat the food, and I love to bbq, so worst case scenario is that o h e plenty of supplies for cookouts while we play on go karts.

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, since friday we here in South Africa have gone into a countrywide shutdown for 21 days!! No going outside your property unless it is to do essential shopping or get medical attention. You cannot even go for a jog, cycle or walk. It is going to suck!

We have about 1200 positive case and 1 death so far, but the country doesn't want to take any chances. In SA, we have a lot of poverty, and most of the populations take a taxi to work. It isn't a regular taxi that you have in your mind, they are these Toyota Quantum minibus's that ride along designated routes (sort of like regular buses, but smaller). They are a law unto their own, and hardly ever follow the rules of the road. They can seat about 14-15 people. The government has mandated that they only run during peak hours, and that they are only allowed to transport 50% of their capacity to try and create some social distancing in the taxi. The taxi owners arent liking this and they might go on strike. I have no idea how workers that perform essential services will then get to work. The government might have to lay on some extra busses.

So all businesses are closed except essential services like hospitals, clinics, major grocery stores and some other companies that keep the country afloat. I work for a big forestry company that makes paper and pulp, and it is deemed essential due to the products that get made. I sit in one of the regional head offices, and they decide that we are not essential to the production of the company, so we have been closed for the 21 days. We have been forced to take whatever leave we have owed to us, and if we don't have, then we go into a negative leave balance. Fortunately i can do some essential work from home, but i will still have to use quite a few days of my own leave!! That sucks.

I know why companies are doing it though,. In these hard times they are trying to save as much money as they can so that they will still exist when we come out of this whole mess.

Anyhoo, so before the lockdown I went to the hardware store and bought all the materials i will need to several projects around the house that i have been putting off :D

I also just got a Corgi puppy, so that should keep me distracted :wai: :wai: :D

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 1

Kartorbust

Reaction score
We just started our 2 days on 2 days off in the service department at the dealership. At first it was only sales, but they expanded it to the service department. So parts, service technicians, and body shop. We have just under 100 cases here in Nebraska. But there's about 1000 just south of us in Kansas. So it'll only be a matter of time before we get hit harder. Omaha and Lincoln are 50 miles apart. So there's pretty big gaps between major cities here, but small towns are about 5-20 miles away.

Work has been slowing down lately. Overall, they haven't seen anything this bad since "diesel gate" and that only affected VW and Audi. Unfortunately, being paid commission, I'm only paid for hours working on cars. They haven't switched us to hourly/commission pay at all. So our hours are being cut several ways. Probably worse than when we are slow in the winter. Fortunately, my wife still is working and if her work closes, she's guaranteed her paycheck and no pay reduction at all. Just another reason on why you should not get into commission work.

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
that was 12 days ago:
in germany we currently know about 6000 infected people
you have 3500 infected people in the US

And as of today we count 58,000 in germany
and 115,500 in the US

Soooo let me hear that
"this is no pandemic" and
"the US is more spread out so it's easier to contain it"
again please ...
While this is certainly not the time or place for an "I told you so" speech,
I cannot but re-comment on that:
My hope is that we collectively realize some day in the future how stupid we were in 2020. There have been fewer deaths globally from this virus than there are in a typical year from the flu in the US alone.
My hope is that you realized a few days in the past how stupid you were listening to that p1sshair-guy!
Check those numbers again if you still think that way, would you.

Ah well..
"when a moron's at the wheel, the ship may fall down the edge of the world"
as they say in spain.

And yes.. impacts coming closer,
I guess around the world not just here;
but I never was happier being in germany than these days
still sucks.. but surely amongst the best places to be atm.

A reasonably acceptable healthcare system, well prepared hospitals..
I talked to a friend of mine two days ago who works in a small town hospital an hour away (population: 60000)
They established a quarantine ward weeks ago,
had all their 110 ventilators rechecked, serviced and prepped where necessary.
20 covid19 patients hospitalized (three on vent) as of two days ago.

I have two hospitals in walking distance (320 ventilators),
three more within 15minutes by car.
(exact number of ventilators unknown but one of those hospitals has 500 for sure)
16 hospitals in total within a 30 minutes radius...

I feel safe where I am,
even IF I or one of my relatives catches the SARS-COV2 virus somehow and develops symptoms of COVID19.

'sid

PS remember: stay safe! ... and away from as many people as you can.
PPS I love the story of some NY as well as Texan distilleries now making sanitizers
instead of booze to donate them to hospitals and first responders and such... :thumbsup:

Functional Artist

Reaction score
Show Our Global Strength & Fly your Colors

I understand the numbers are "grim" :furious2:
...but, there's so much more info now available on this "invisible enemy" :thumbsup:

I'm confident that "Were Gonna Win-Win-Win" :bannana:

We/everyone just has to follow the advise of the experts/professionals
...kinda like listening to your doctor (they know about this stuff)

FYI
This virus is NOT "in the air" :cool:

The "experts" say, that you/me/most everyone who contracts or contracted this virus, got it from direct contact with someone who "had it" or from surfaces that were contaminated by some one who is infected aka "a carrier".

They say, it's usually "spread" (from person to person) like when a "carrier"
...sneezes on a person directly
...or sneezes/expels a "mini-cloud" into the air
...or even on their own hand & then, spreads it on to every "surface" they touch

What to watch for:
...these seem to be the (3) main symptoms of Covid-19

Fever (usually a little over 100*)
Cough (dry & persistent)
Shortness of breath (like from just walking across a room)
...& it's been reported that many have noticed a loss of taste & smell, before being diagnosed positive ;)

Just follow directions & be extra careful
…& don't go to the hospital unless you "absolutely have to"
(their kinda busy & that's potentially where the virus is/could be at) :huh:

Represent :idea2:
I have an idea, everyone should display their patriotism
...& also, show thanks to the front line workers by "flying their country's flag" :2guns:

This will show our global co-operation (separately-together)
...in the fight against this "invisible enemy" :cheers2:

Attachments

• SAM_2799.JPG
    SAM_2799.JPG
    309.9 KB · Views: 2
  • SAM_2800.JPG
    SAM_2800.JPG
    319.6 KB · Views: 2
  • SAM_2801.JPG
    SAM_2801.JPG
    309.6 KB · Views: 3

mckutzy

Reaction score
I also think is kinda crazy of the times... "home brewed hand sanitizer"........

The distillery will have a portion of the product not a viable sale for its just a bad tasting part of the run....Jack Daniels uses that to light the charcoal fire they make for the filtering process... Most others im sure sell it/give it away to a number of companies to make stuff like a sanitizer or various cosmetics...
Times like this.. im glad they're thinking of different ways to get stuff done....

Edit: I would Also like to thank BGK for starting this thread.... It a good way of checking in with our fellow brethren here, to see how local perspectives are going and also keeping our sanity in some what of check....
Thanks...