• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Corona beer virus

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
how is it ironic that stupid idiots think just because name's match they're related..
it's like everyone named john is related to any other john in your country (yes given name, not family name)

corona means CROWN and
everything that wants some royal touch adds that word
chrysler _crown_ victoria..
or to stick with beer spanish/mexican Corona.. or
danish Carlsberg Krone [Krone meaning crown as much as corona]
or australian crown lager
or whatever local crown labelled beer one might have...

and everything that has a spikey circular outside gets named such
(sun's corona.. viruses...you name it)
and when stupid -or worse- ignorant brickheads think that the virus, the beer and our sun
are more causally related than sun rays making the relevant life form grow
(wheat for beer, humans for viruses)
that's not ironic, that's purely a testament to a poor educational system.

'sid

Whitetrashrocker

Inmate #952016
Reaction score
I just saw that a wallyworld has quit selling all ammunition.
Again with out getting into the politics...
No more freedom pewpews.

Turn off your TV! They call it programming for a reason!

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
how is it ironic that stupid idiots think just because name's match they're related..
it's like everyone named john is related to any other john in your country (yes given name, not family name)

corona means CROWN and
everything that wants some royal touch adds that word
chrysler _crown_ victoria..
or to stick with beer spanish/mexican Corona.. or
danish Carlsberg Krone [Krone meaning crown as much as corona]
or australian crown lager
or whatever local crown labelled beer one might have...

and everything that has a spikey circular outside gets named such
(sun's corona.. viruses...you name it)
and when stupid -or worse- ignorant brickheads think that the virus, the beer and our sun
are more causally related than sun rays making the relevant life form grow
(wheat for beer, humans for viruses)
that's not ironic, that's purely a testament to a poor educational system.

'sid

:rolleyes:

I KNOW, Sid. I know "corona" is not defined in the dictionary as a beer company, I'm not stupid.

I'm very well aware of the fact that the Corona beer is not the cause of coronavirus or vice versa.
It's just ironic that there's a company called CORONA, when it's a CORONAvirus.
That post seemed very much excessive and even mean, so knock it off.

mckutzy

Reaction score
Here in Canada, The pacific coast area... Things havent got TOTALLY stupid... But things are ramping up....Mostly about public gatherings, Ski hills, Pools/Rec centers/Libraries, museums/galleries, all sports events and Big show at the arenas.....any and all public gatherings.... Some local religious festival gatherings of typically 500k are done for this year..
The Prime minster Is going to make a big announcement as to certain outbreak procedures going to be instituted, later today... Im thinking they might close the border crossing here on this side as the latest signs show issues in the south, at washington state...But Im not too sure whats going on...

Health officials said its also stupid to go and panic buy, it not necessary and it opens you up to exposure to hundreds of other people in a closely pack area....IE Costco and other big bulk buy stores...
Ironically Costco here, has instituted a seniors only hour first thing early before the public buy starts... so they can get in and get some stuff before it is raped clean...
Our premier(kinda like a Governor, from a US state) said there is a special place for people who go out and panic buy and then sell on Craigslist for profit at stupid prices....

Our local toilet paper factory says they are producing more than normal, and all is well for them... There is no shortage no will be... Ironically enough a few weeks ago I saw a logging operation down the way where they have a reserve plantation of these type of trees they use for pulping... They cut down a large swatch.. IDK if that was for TP or just keeping people busy for work as they havent been in there in a while to get the downed trees and other maintenance lately....

Was doing some cleaning up some stuff and found a bunch of shotgun reloading components...
I reckon if things go a little more zombie... Ive got a little bit to help out...
Ive even got a bunch of clean processed lead ready to melt for even more slugs and buck...
Im glad I bought them slug/buck casting moulds a number of years ago...

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
It's just ironic that there's a company called CORONA, when it's a CORONAvirus.

I don't see an irony in that at all..
a coincidence is not irony..

So what might be ironic,
would be that an alcoholic beverage is the healthier corona named stuff to catch.

it might be considered ironic that
the only area where you do not find any infected person would be in Corona (NY / Queens)
or Corona in California
(still not irony more 'funny trivia' .. but at least closer than pure coincidence)

and I haven't said you didn't know the difference;
in fact I assume Trevor made a joke by choosing that topic..
picking on the stupidity of some.

So I don't get why you call it "even mean" to say so..
Are you implying Trever did NOT know?
(and as that calling him stupid...?? I certainly don't hope so ;))

'sid

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
I don't see an irony in that at all..
a coincidence is not irony..

So what might be ironic,
would be that an alcoholic beverage is the healthier corona named stuff to catch.

it might be considered ironic that
the only area where you do not find any infected person would be in Corona (NY / Queens)
or Corona in California
(still not irony more 'funny trivia' .. but at least closer than pure coincidence)

and I haven't said you didn't know the difference;
in fact I assume Trevor made a joke by choosing that topic..
picking on the stupidity of some.

So I don't get why you call it "even mean" to say so..
Are you implying Trever did NOT know?
(and as that calling him stupid...?? I certainly don't hope so ;))

'sid

:surrender: I'm officially confused. It seemed like that post was oriented at me, but I guess it was a misunderstanding.

You can delete those posts, might as well clean up the thread. :backtotopic:

Functional Artist

Reaction score
Here in Ohio, the governor has declared a "state of emergency" :ack2:

So, all schools are closed until at least April 20, 2020
...all bars & nite clubs have been closed until further notice
...all restaurants are "take out" only no "dining in" (for now)
…& all gatherings over 50 people have been banned (for now)

I've even seen where the entrance to some "old folks homes" are barricaded to keep visitors (& their germs) out

Things are gettin' really krazy
...the place is almost like a "Ghost Town" :huh:

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
:surrender: I'm officially confused. It seemed like that post was oriented at me
as the quote suggested, yes ;)

..all bars & nite clubs have been closed until further notice
...the place is almost like a "Ghost Town" :huh:
"All the clubs have been closed down
this place, is coming like a ghost town
" *sing*

great, now I got that song stuck to my ear ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ2oXzrnti4

ah well.. a bit of ska never hurt anyone I guess ;)

'sid

mckutzy

Reaction score
Here, now just in...Omg Thats our prime minister Justin Trudeau, just said keep home, come home, border now closed to all non Canadians, Americans I think are aloud... but its all up in the air... Not really clear.

Oh and our national coffee chain Tim Hortens....... says Dine-in is prohibited, till further notice....Chain wide...
For those unfamiliar, we are typically religious about our national coffee chain... this is immensely saddening for alot of us...(IM not so much on the bandwagon.. but the sentiment is there..)

As they say... Keep calm and carry on......

anickode

Reaction score
I just saw that a wallyworld has quit selling all ammunition.
Again with out getting into the politics...
No more freedom pewpews.

Turn off your TV! They call it programming for a reason!

Walmart sucks for buying freedom seeds anyway. Gotta wander around the store for 10 minutes looking for an employee to call the one guy with the key, who is NEVER in his department.

The only thing I buy at Walmart is motor oil. Valvoline synthetic or Mobil1 is always on sale, and always $10/jug cheaper than the auto parts store.

And Corona beer sucks too. :lolgoku:

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

Here, now just in...Omg Thats our prime minister Justin Trudeau, just said keep home, come home, border now closed to all non Canadians, Americans I think are aloud... but its all up in the air... Not really clear.

Oh and our national coffee chain Tim Hortens....... says Dine-in is prohibited, till further notice....Chain wide...
For those unfamiliar, we are typically religious about our national coffee chain... this is immensely saddening for alot of us...(IM not so much on the bandwagon.. but the sentiment is there..)

As they say... Keep calm and carry on......

I only ever get Tim Hortons drive thru, but it's a daily ritual for me on my way to work. Extra large black coffee with a shot of espresso.

mckutzy

Reaction score
I forgot the international units....Im sure they have the same mandate aswell...

Im also fan of rolling your own.... I used to alot more shoot BP before the woman got sick... Now I occasionally go out... but still for the mossberg and the musket... Its the way to go...
I used to get ammo there at walmart, till they started to raise the price significantly then they stopped altogether....

anickode

Reaction score
I forgot the international units....Im sure they have the same mandate aswell...

Im also fan of rolling your own.... I used to alot more shoot BP before the woman got sick... Now I occasionally go out... but still for the mossberg and the musket... Its the way to go...
I used to get ammo there at walmart, till they started to raise the price significantly then they stopped altogether....

I don't do any shot shell myself. Everybody tells me I ought to start. I used to load a lot of rifle... 30 carbine, 45-70, 22-250, 308, and 7.62×54. not so much anymore, as my consumption has gone down a lot since having kids. Most of what I shoot these days is 17hmr.
When the kids are older, I'm hoping they'll grow an interest.

And it's not just Timmy's now. At least in Michigan, ALL restaurants are limited to drive through or takeout only. Bars are closed, any gathering over 250 people is prohibited, any gathering over 50 is strongly not recommended. All concerts and shows cancelled, movie theaters closed, and so on. About half of everyone is on leave from work, non-essential hospital personnel are working remotely either from home or off-site offices, etc. And it'll only get worse before it gets better.

I went to Menard's yesterday and dropped nearly a grand on materials for a month or two worth of projects, figuring I'm eventually going to be stuck sitting at home with nothing but grocery stores and pharmacies open.

Whitetrashrocker

Inmate #952016
Reaction score
They closed all State parks and schools here in New Mexico. I was gonna load up the RV and go find some wilderness but they closed that too. This has lead to campers now just drycamping along the river. So with no facilities like vault toilets or dump sites and trash dumpsters the campers are just gonna litter. Can't have anything nice.

anickode

Reaction score
Look at this bulls**t

There have been people permanently banned from eBay and Amazon for doing that. One pair of brothers drove around the entire state with a credit card and bought every bottle of hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes, and cleaning product they could find. 17,000 products. Filled their whole garage. Facing criminal charges, and forced to donate it to be distributed to people who need it.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Dallas just closed all entertainment venues, and essentially banned gatherings of more than 10 people.

I'm just glad I got some kart parts before everyone gets locked down! :wai:

anickode

Reaction score
I'll be interested to see what decision they make for us at work. Ski season has already been cut short, and non-essential employees put on paid leave for the time being. Those of us who are in more critical roles have been asked to continue working and help wrap everything up. Beyond that, who knows. It's a big company that does pretty well by their employees, so I'm not terribly worried one way or the other. It's just weird not knowing. If worse comes to worse I have 5+ weeks of pay between vacation and sick time.