This is the one I put on

Attachments

• 37BFFDD2-9769-487C-BF6C-36166E7F609F.png
    37BFFDD2-9769-487C-BF6C-36166E7F609F.png
    971.2 KB · Views: 10

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
The bolt that holds on the pressure plate to the crank is not bottoming out, is it? It has to hold the pressure plate tight against the clutch plates.

Dbryant

Reaction score
They seemed tight. Though the clutch heated up enough so that steam came out of the dip stick. There is a pin hole to release pressure.

Im at a total loss. I havent taken it off the kart again. When I stood on the corner, opposite the drive wheel it picked up momentum and was moving. It dug a rut in the gravel.

im going to check the gears in the crank case. The idle was slightly turned up.

I give it full gas and the engine is putting out some rpm’s

What are the chances it’s in the crank case? Worn gears?

Though it seems like a clutch issue.

im about to put one of those two piece sprockets on the axle, Predator engine and torque converter. I have the torque converter for a 212cc predator.

sell the Honda. I can’t imagine what I’m doing. I can assemble it in my sleep. Something is slipping

Dbryant

Reaction score
I hate this Honda GX270 and wet clutch. It will not get this turd fun kart to move.

im about to chop all the excess weight

I like the frame, seating, steering. I have it. I gotta trim the frame for bigger tires. It’s got 6” spliit rims. The breaks are nice.

if I can get 100 pounds off the frame….

what about just a a Predator 212 with TC. Add a sprocket for chain drive or run a new axle

i got the intake

ill sell the engine

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
If using 4.10 x 3.50 x 6 tires on those rims, you'll have some nice little 12" tall tires (don't forget to get L-shaped stems on the innertubes). With all of that heavy metal bumper surround weight removed, and a Predator 212 with a TC driving the 12" tires, you'd have a toy with some really fun acceleration and maybe enough top speed for you too. Sprocket changes with split sprockets on a sprocket hub (5.25" bolt circle) can quickly adapt that with the normal power/speed tradeoffs.
I'm sure you wouldn't miss anything at all about the slightly larger Honda engine.

karl

Reaction score
Well, the gx270 puts out 14ft/lbs torque, vs 8.1ft/lbs of the predator 212.

Substantial difference, night and day.

So if you manage to get the kart working well with with a 212, that means
the gx270's clutch or gear ratio was not right. Not the motor's fault at all.

Id buy what ya have if you were local, im in NE Ohio.

Dbryant

Reaction score
I don’t understand why it’s not running. I’m baffled. Two wet clutches. Im sure it’s my fault- but what am I not doing🤷🏼‍♂️. I used straight wire to bypass the governor. New springs. It increases the rpm’s some from what they keep the rpm’s at the theme parks.

if I lift the back the wheel starts slowly and then picks up steam. If I try and use my boot as a break it would melt my boot.

should I adjust the throttle back down?

I mean these wet clutches aren’t that complicated

Dbryant

Reaction score
I adjusted the valves, new valve cover just cause it was shiny, lol. It runs great and starts on one pull

karl

Reaction score
Karl, isn't that Honda torque rated through internal gear reduction? I feel like that would be a cheating way to market it.
No, at the crank.

should I adjust the throttle back down?

I mean these wet clutches aren’t that complicated
Sorry, not much experience with them, but I suspect something is not assembled right. Or the engine is not running right.

Dbryant

Reaction score
It’s got a new muffler but I was going to add a performance exhaust

Attachments

• 090C4C18-D07D-4724-B7CF-C1F4AFEF09CC.jpeg
    090C4C18-D07D-4724-B7CF-C1F4AFEF09CC.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4

AmishMike

Reaction score
Dbryant, how are you making out with this thing?
That groove on the backside of the drive hub is for the key, are you sure that it was clocked properly? As Denny said, make sure to soak the clutches for hours ie. overnight before assembling. Then, as assembling, add a plate and turn until it drops into place, add, turn, add, turn it is the same way you assemble an automatic transmission.
I have GX200's and they have 20MM shafts, just different enough for nothing to fit 0.037".
The combination of a 500 lb kart and an off idle clutch means that they do not start out at all. I have a new 459 Predator just waiting on the 40 series converter to show up and then we will see how my J&J kart does. I will keep you posted.