Best predator 212 mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shax90

Reaction score
7:1 could be done with a torque converter, but it's high enough it will cause premature belt wear. Try going with an 8:1 and see how you like it. Trust me, when you're on a small vehicle like a go kart or minibike, 40 MPH is actually at the point of danger. If you want more speed, the best way to do it is upgrade the engine, or else the drivetrain will wear out quickly.

Alright, you've convinced me I was just trying to get that even 40😂

Shax90

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas on cheap jackshafts or possibly homemade ones I'm trying to save money and so far it seems like I'll have to go for a 96 tooth sprocket

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas on cheap jackshafts or possibly homemade ones I'm trying to save money and so far it seems like I'll have to go for a 96 tooth sprocket

Have a look at Mckutzy's thread. This is about as cheap as you can get to make a jackshaft. It may be cheap, but it is one of the best ways to do it if you don't want to buy a ready made one

http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5461

Shax90

Reaction score
Here's an update! Fir some reason the gap between the predator and triangle frame looks huge in this picture but really its only about 3 inches.

Attachments

• 20200119_202222.jpg
    20200119_202222.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 13

Speed Assault

Kart for drifting
Reaction score
I have built dozens. The 1st thing I do is add an air pod and adapter, change to a better flowing exhaust and go with bigger jets. I make my exhausts and drill my own jets but you can find all of it in a kit. I also file the timing key to advance the timing a bit. They retard them from the factory to pass emissions. Under the tank there is a rod from the governor linkage to your throttle linkage. On that rod is a spring. Put a small zip tie on it to keep it from expanding. This will give you more RPM'S and allow you to still use the stock throttle setup. Dont worry about a new flywheel. The stock springs will float the valves before you get to the point of danger. I have been ditching the stock carb and have been using a pz22 slide carb on my newer builds. People are always saying how bad the carb on their 212 is. It is not a bad carb, it is just not made for motorsports. It is designed to run equipment at a constant RPM. If you take your stock carb off there is a plastic spacer behind it. The side facing the carb has a round opening, the block side has a larger D shaped opening. You are allowing way more flow when you change carbs and ditch that. You will have to remove your governor but again, the stock springs won't let you rev to the point where you will damage anything. Your throttle response will be so much better. Before you even do any of these I would slap a torque converter on. That will give you the best bang for your buck. My favorite kart has a stock 212cc with a torque converter. My favorite bike has a hopped up 196cc and a torque converter.

Thank You Tx Luke
Though I would ditch the old school torque convertor and go with the new inovation of a manual clutch from #d motorsports.

pz22 slide carb, no results. where do you get this?

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Look up Mikuni VM-22 instead. PZ22s are Walbro and usually a bit more pricey. Check out what I posted in your other thread.

Shax90

Reaction score
Thank You Tx Luke
Though I would ditch the old school torque convertor and go with the new inovation of a manual clutch from #d motorsports.

pz22 slide carb, no results. where do you get this?

Could you put a picture of the zip tie trick I'm a bit confused. Also how do you file the timing key I looked it up on youtube and it didnt come up.

karl

Reaction score
Could you put a picture of the zip tie trick I'm a bit confused. Also how do you file the timing key I looked it up on youtube and it didnt come up.

I would imagine something like this

And the key, well a file works well , clamp it in something, and file away

Attachments

• 20200130_081808.jpg
    20200130_081808.jpg
    360.9 KB · Views: 6
Status
Not open for further replies.