Barn Find Vintage Drill Press

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Okay, okay.... Don't pee out my campfire, amigo. I just GOT this thang!!!LOL

Seriously. That 10" Mastercraft did pretty good for my first drill press- I've had it for about 10 years. I just didn't know what I was missing. I have listed it for sale. No- not this precious baby, my old Mastercraft!

Last edited:

carter

Reaction score
you aughta see about putting some more holes in that plate of your so you can bolt more clamps and things down to it, hold the workpieces ya know?

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Right you are. I have been pondering the problem. I don't want to simply run a bunch of new holes into that old table, but I do need a way to secure specific fixtures, including the round stock fixture I'm getting for Christmas (don't ask how I know).

I've been thinking about affixing a plank of wood to it, and then I can lag-bolt whatever fixtures I want to the wood without feeling bad...

I'm of course open to other suggestions.

carter

Reaction score
You could attach bases to all of your fixtures and bolt them down to the other plate with a 1" or so spacer in each of the 4 corners.

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Yep- I like it- that's what I'll do. I'll cut up some planks and attach the various fixtures to them, with holes that will align with the table slots, and countersink the bolt holes where wood meets table. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.