2019 - Yerf Doge

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
If you can't bolt down that I/C 8 HP, another big block will produce the exact same issue. And since that one is modded, keep it!
Slow down, Budget Spunkmeister!
Now if you trade that Subie for another big block, and 8 HP Budget Go Kart would be EPIC!!

Budget GoKart

Aka a kenbar
Reaction score
Ok so first run around a friends yard died at the end but I think it's bacause it ran out of gas. My phone was at 3% and it was freezing outside. So sorry about the sideways picture

Attachments

• image-2019-11-17-17-37-47.jpg
    image-2019-11-17-17-37-47.jpg
    433.7 KB · Views: 28

Budget GoKart

Aka a kenbar
Reaction score
Is that a clone carb on there?

No clue it might be a 420 carb but it has no markings and doesn't look conventional it's not original but it Fitts the intake so we used it. My buddy who has been helping me out has cancer so I don't know when I am getting it back due to him being in and out of the ER but I'll make sure he signs it or something so he is remembered when he dies. The cancer is pressing on his heart so he has had many heart attacks. He told me he wanted someone he could share his knowledge with before he dies and for him helping me fix the yerfdog I'll help him build his many projects including a carter he plans on adding independent suspension and a skii doo engine on.

Budget GoKart

Aka a kenbar
Reaction score
Its running driving and stopping kill switch works lights dont it needs the throttle adjusted so the carb slide goes all the way down other than that its "done". Hope everyone liked my build so far looking forward to see who wins this contest! I built this thing on a shoe string budget hence the name budget go kart

Budget GoKart

Aka a kenbar
Reaction score
Well this project has been sitting because i can never contact my freind due to his cancer. And i received a honda gx390 in trade so when i get my yerf back its getting hopefully its last swap

Budget GoKart

Aka a kenbar
Reaction score
A gx390 carb is 12$! Saweet i can have er rippin in no time with a brand new carb and mabey el start my yerf has provisons for el start idk about the motor though.and if i can im putting a cage on it because 13.5hp with no cage scares me.

Budget GoKart

Aka a kenbar
Reaction score
Shes a ripper! I just drove it with the 8hp briggs and its mint just it doesnt like the clutch and the shaft isnt big enough for a tc so its gettin the honda. Sorry about the pic

Attachments

• 20200311_192521.jpg
    20200311_192521.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 8

Budget GoKart

Aka a kenbar
Reaction score
Time to fix the yerfdog it needs a crap ton of small parts and im gonna test the honda out on it but i will put the briggs back on if it doesnt run with a simple carb clean.

Budget GoKart

Aka a kenbar
Reaction score
Honda swapped!

Pulled the big block briggs off. Plopped the honda on it. It started first pull oil change fresh gas and fixed a few small things and it starts great just gotta get the 40 series front pulley off

Attachments

• 20200313_165104.jpg
    20200313_165104.jpg
    516.9 KB · Views: 6