2015 - DesertDuler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desertduler

Reaction score
Do you paint your kart out there on your cement driveway? I don't see any black paint on the cement?
No, I have a cement pad on the side of my house that I hung those black parts and painted them, I am still working on the frame prepping it for paint, I will prime the frame and let it dry for several days inside one of my garages and then I will paint the frame and let it cure and when it is dry I will reassemble the kart and post a (done) pin up pictures and a video with the operation of the brakes and kill switch and then the kart will head out in the desert on the dry lake beds and the kart will get put to use and get dirty!

Desertduler

Reaction score
This is an example of one of the frame end caps that I have made.There are five more on the frame,and here is a little taste of some of the color combos, like it or not my wife does and this kart is hers.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 23

Desertduler

Reaction score
So I have shown a uphill test video with my wife's tune up with this engine and in the end I will show you the tune up for this engine for me,I have spent some time with this rotary engine and I know what it likes as far as carburetion and jetting goes,there is quite a bit more of upper RPM power output between a 30mm carburetor and a 32mm carb with this engine,.080 does not seem like that it would be much of a difference as far as upper RPM and power delivery goes but for this engine it makes quite a difference.

Desertduler

Reaction score
I am just about ready to prime the frame,first I have to bend and drill the mounting holes in this front skid plate that I am making for this kart,I have mounting tabs welded to the frame already to attach the skid plate to the underside of the front of the kart,I have sheared the skid plate to size,the material I am using is 7075 .080 aluminium really tough stuff it makes a mean skid plate.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 9

Desertduler

Reaction score
I have the frame primed and ready for paint.

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 17

Desertduler

Reaction score
This morning was perfect to paint the frame,no wind and no bugs! now I will let this thing cure and do some detailing to the engine and such.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 37

Desertduler

Reaction score
Nice! Bet it feels good to see it in color...
Yes it does feels good,most certainly after all the prep work that I did to the frame but it paid off in the long run,I am really happy with the results it actually is really shiny and glossy,women can change their minds sometimes over and over so I painted it this morning before she changed her mind again! Now I will give this kart a name being as the color scheme has been laid down and the sound of the little but powerful rotary engine will be it's power plant,"Killer Bee" is what I will call it!
:lolgoku:

Desertduler

Reaction score
For those who may curious about this little rotary engine that I am using on this kart here is the axial cooling fan exposed and one can see the cooling fins that surround the rotor housing,the fan blows air around the entire rotor housing and exits on the pto side of the engine,this engine is small and powerful,here is the 304 stainless steel exhaust header that I have made all polished up so that it matches the stainless steel polished muffler.

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 11
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 13

Desertduler

Reaction score
After a week of paint curing inside one of my garages I can now start to put this thing back together and post some "pin up" photos,a qualifying video and then some video of this kart in action out on the lakebed "ripping it up!"

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 31

Desertduler

Reaction score
This thing is slowly coming back to life,I am being very careful not to scratch it!:lolgoku:

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 30

2SlickNick

American Minibikes @ FB
Reaction score
GreAt job Bret!
I hate when trying so hard to not scratch it and one careless mistake happens...

Status
Not open for further replies.