2013 - pvc buggy

Status
Not open for further replies.

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Reaction score
Thats slick! I like it. Ill be honest, originally I wasn't even gonna consider this build for my vote, but then i got to looking..... man, you put some thought into it, did a great job puttin it together, and well,.... now its one of 5 that are in contention for my vote....
Again, very slick......
Quote"Man, I have had more then a few people tell me to make this a kit. I am seriously thinking about it. I would have to change a few parts to something a little more common so there isn't so much custom fab work, but it is a possibility!" No, concentrate on making the custom pieces,draw the plans, make mat. list of what size od~length ect. Making the custom parts gives you the patent advantage,and the steel inner frame,ect... Make/supply the hard part/parts and plans,.... I (consumer) buy kit w/plans. Buy wheels,kart engine,pvc,ect. Cut my pipe to your specs,and start assembly...... If you do this is ANY version, please let me know as I would ddefinitely be interested.

freqster

Reaction score
Thats slick! I like it. Ill be honest, originally I wasn't even gonna consider this build for my vote, but then i got to looking..... man, you put some thought into it, did a great job puttin it together, and well,.... now its one of 5 that are in contention for my vote....
Again, very slick......
Quote"Man, I have had more then a few people tell me to make this a kit. I am seriously thinking about it. I would have to change a few parts to something a little more common so there isn't so much custom fab work, but it is a possibility!" No, concentrate on making the custom pieces,draw the plans, make mat. list of what size od~length ect. Making the custom parts gives you the patent advantage,and the steel inner frame,ect... Make/supply the hard part/parts and plans,.... I (consumer) buy kit w/plans. Buy wheels,kart engine,pvc,ect. Cut my pipe to your specs,and start assembly...... If you do this is ANY version, please let me know as I would ddefinitely be interested.

Thanks for the kind words, and the advice. I think I will look into kickstarter.com first to see if I can raise some money and turn this into a kit one day.

freqster

Reaction score
Love the dually rear

Thanks,

It took a little extra work to get the dually wheels set up but I think it paid off. They seem to be pretty strong and support the weight of two adults pretty well. I would still like to get some different wheels for the buggy but these are holding up fine for now.

freqster

Reaction score
I was never happy with the gas tank I had mounted between the the drivers and passenger seat so I picked up a lower profile tank on eBay and got it mounted where I am happy with it. I had to rebuild my lid so that the riders sit a little lower then before.

I needed to do this anyway because I have a bench seat I want to put on the buggy and the gas tank was always in the way. After I get the seat mounted, I can finally work out the gas and brake pedals!

And updated video to follow soon.

Attachments

• IMG_0118.jpg
    IMG_0118.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0119.jpg
    IMG_0119.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0120.jpg
    IMG_0120.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0121.jpg
    IMG_0121.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0104.jpg
    IMG_0104.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 55

freqster

Reaction score
Up until now I had to reach under the seat to shift from N to D or R, but I finlay corrected that with a lever made from extruded aluminum I had. It works very well and I am pretty happy with it.

Here is a video update:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E0B5usTFEs

Attachments

• IMG_0122.jpg
    IMG_0122.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0123.jpg
    IMG_0123.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0124.jpg
    IMG_0124.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 17

freqster

Reaction score
So this is what I think the bench seat will look like after I make my brackets to mount it. I used more of that extruded aluminum I had for the back rest support.

Attachments

• IMG_0125.jpg
    IMG_0125.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0126.jpg
    IMG_0126.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0127.jpg
    IMG_0127.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 28

fowler

Reaction score
dam it every dam time i go on you tube

just spent 3 hours watching how it made videos

looking good
if i were u id mount the pedals a little different
the way they are they hang below the buggy
not really an issue in urban cruising
but if it were me

can u remove the pedals rod

flip the angle iron assy and mount the bars ontop of the pvc
then the angle iron still sits below the floor line
then reinstall the pealds the as they are

the biggest issue with this idea is you must then re mount the throttle cable and master cylinder

Status
Not open for further replies.